What's new

Pre-Order Spider-Man: Far From Home (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
91Flm5bvXzL._SY679_.jpg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Any word on the 3D Blu edition? I usually order these from A.uk, but the only mention of these on line is from rather obscure web sites so far.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Don't know for sure, but Sony has only released their last two S-M Universe titles in 3D in Germany (Venom, Spider-Verse) and other countries, but not the UK. Germany has several possible pre-order options, but none are labeled as 3D.

I don't know if this would get any different consideration by Sony in the UK since it's part of the Marvel Universe which, so far, has all recent titles in 3D in the UK through Disney.

Seems like a title that might be possible as a 4K/3D exclusive at Best Buy, but no certainty at this point.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
So it looks like the 3D pre-order is now up at Amazon Germany. No sign of 3D at UK.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Thanks! I have pre-ordered. It’s probably not fair, but if a 3Der becomes available for pre-order locally (Canada or US) after all, I cancel the European orders.

So far besides “Far From Home from .de, I have pre-orders for the 3D “Dumbo”, “Aladdin”, “End Game”, and “Captain Marvel” from .uk.

This is a lot (plus pre-orders from .com and .ca), but the way pre-orders dribble in at the rate of about 2/month helps. I also can cancel.

As you can see, I almost buy nothing from stores anymore.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thanks! I have pre-ordered. It’s probably not fair, but if a 3Der becomes available for pre-order locally (Canada or US) after all, I cancel the European orders.

So far besides “Far From Home from .de, I have pre-orders for the 3D “Dumbo”, “Aladdin”, “End Game”, and “Captain Marvel” from .uk.

This is a lot (plus pre-orders from .com and .ca), but the way pre-orders dribble in at the rate of about 2/month helps. I also can cancel.

As you can see, I almost buy nothing from stores anymore.

The only overseas 3D I have at the moment is DUMBO. However, I canceled it yesterday after a friend of mine warned me that it was a really bad film.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I also have been in two minds about that one. I thought the movie wasn’t very good, but it is a 3D Blu ray, and I have the other live action Disney ... I pre-ordered it before we saw it theatrically, then cancelled it, then re-ordered ... I did make it known that I thought the movie was mediocre, so I will have to hide it when it comes!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Since this is a Sony release and not a Disney one, this is the only Marvel title I'm actually comfortable doing a pre-order.on with Amazon. It is nice to be able to do that and get it shipped here for once.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I thought the film was ok. But I’ll probably buy both the 3D and 4K versions since I’m a completist.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Best Buy has uploaded the following cover art:

Far From Home cover.jpg

That is one of the most poorly designed eyesores I've ever seen. Did they let a kindergartner loose in Photoshop? I really hope this changes before the final product is released.

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
Since this is a Sony release and not Disney does anybody think it is likely or possible that Sony will release the movie with an alternating aspect ratio as was seen on IMAX showings?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
There’s zero historical precedence for Sony including expanded IMAX ratio footage on a home video release.

The Amazing Spider-Man from 2012 included an expanded ratio in IMAX 3D for the final battle sequence but this did not carry over to home video.

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
Well if by 0 precedence you mean absolute 100% precedence you are correct. I refer to the 2016 Ghostbusters UHD release which did include the alternating aspect "break the frame" ratio that was seen in IMAX.
Throughout the movie the picture would expand above and below the frame to fill the black bars with special effects such as the beams from the Ghostbusters weapons Etc.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The true precedent would likely be Spider-Man: Homecoming. I don't believe that disc had the IMAX feature, but don't recall for sure.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I stand corrected, good catch re: Ghostbusters.

That didn’t initially enter my mind because that’s how the film played in all 3D theaters, not just IMAX.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks