Spider-man 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ray_Gootz, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Ray_Gootz

Ray_Gootz Stunt Coordinator

I got this earlylast week. I've been playing it all weekend. This game has to be one of the best games I've ever played. it is without a doubt the best superhero game ever. The web-swinging system is so deep yet so easy to learn. Needing a building to connect your web to and geeting the right swing to get a good speed adds a whole new level to the Spider-man game. You truly get a sense that you are Spider-man. Plus the game can be hard without being frustrating. oneo f the best games ever. Buy it.

2. James T

James T Screenwriter

Oh, I plan on picking it up. But I have to wait for the street date. I guess you just got lucky.

3. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Ray, give us the low down. How about a quick 3 paragraph preview? This one is on my radar when it streets, love to get an early (non-professional) opinion.

4. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

I wonder-is this as good as the original Spider-Man game for Playstation (my previous favourite comic book game)? I've heard a bunch of good press on this one, and will probably have to check it out at some point (maybe when it hits platinum price though-no money for games at the moment...).

5. Ray_Gootz

This game blows it away. First of all the physics of web swinging are incredible. Now your envoirment is constantly affecting how you play the game. Battles can be lost if you don't web swing hard enough. Missons can be lost if you don't time your jumps the right way and connect to the right buildings. It's so much fun. It's easily the best repesentation of how a superhero would patrol the city iever. The missons are fun, the jokes are cool. The game is unreal. Buy it now.

6. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Picked mine up at Best Buy today....they had a one day only sale price of $49.99 Cdn. Not only that, they give you a 10 dollar gift card and an Amazing Spiderman comic reprint- a pretty good deal. Unfortunately the sale price was today only [​IMG]...you can still get the gift card and comic tommorrow though.

Look forward to playing this on the weekend.[​IMG]

7. James T

James T Screenwriter

I forgot about Best Buy. I think Future Shop had the same deal too(and they should). How much is the price going up to? Maybe I could use the giftcard towards the game purchase [​IMG]

8. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

It goes up to $59.99 ........I suppose you could use the card on the purchase if the BB cashier allows it. I can't see any reason why they wouldn't.[​IMG]

9. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

It's good to see such positive reviews. If I recall the original Spider-Man game had the usual pre-release fanfare in the magazines (where every game is going to be great) and ultimately came out to ho-hum reviews.

Does this tie in to the SM2 movie or is it an extension?

It's funny, with all the promos out right now with the movie I keep thinking of the Friends episode where Chandler is talking to Joey about "Spider-Man" vs. "Spiderman". "He's a spider man. It's not his last name, like Jim Spiderman." Or something to that effect. I thought that was hilarious. [​IMG]

10. Ray_Gootz

It follows the movie preety closley and spoils the ending for you. If oyu haven't seen the movie see it first then buy the game.

11. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

Or just don't follow the chapters [​IMG]
    This is the best SM game ever! [​IMG]
    Diving headfirst from the Empire State Building, and the WTC memorial lights are just incredible.

Chris

12. Peter Loan

Peter Loan Second Unit

Is this game 720P or 1080I? Is it 16x9?

Had to ask...

13. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

The game is really awesome, but I'm wondering if they could do better with the inevitable Spider-Man 3?

14. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
    480p... not 16x9

15. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Just got it for my Xbox, the game is amazing, my only complaint is that it's not 16x9.

16. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Screenwriter

One of the first things I did was dive head first from the Empire State Building. Talk about a head rush. And then I went to Times Square and found my hotel when I stayed there.

Regarding the WTC memorial lights; is that the actual spot where the towers stood? I was pretty sure, but the buildings around it seemed different.

17. My only complaint is lack of soundtrack.

18. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Do you mean no background music or no ability to use custom soundtracks on Xbox?

19. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

A question:

I don't have an Xbox (I know, for shame) but I have a PS2 and a Gamecube. Are there any significant or discernable differences in either graphics, sound or gameplay when comparing PS2 and Cube versions of Spiderman 2?

Thanks in advance.

20. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
    ^^^ My understanding is the Xbox is first in graphics as it shows the mirrored buildings best, followed by Gamecube then PS2. This is based on a review I read last week.

That said, the gameplay is the same.