What's new

Spider-man 2 (1 Viewer)

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
I got this earlylast week. I've been playing it all weekend. This game has to be one of the best games I've ever played. it is without a doubt the best superhero game ever. The web-swinging system is so deep yet so easy to learn. Needing a building to connect your web to and geeting the right swing to get a good speed adds a whole new level to the Spider-man game. You truly get a sense that you are Spider-man. Plus the game can be hard without being frustrating. oneo f the best games ever. Buy it.

James T

Screenwriter
Oh, I plan on picking it up. But I have to wait for the street date. I guess you just got lucky.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Ray, give us the low down. How about a quick 3 paragraph preview? This one is on my radar when it streets, love to get an early (non-professional) opinion.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I wonder-is this as good as the original Spider-Man game for Playstation (my previous favourite comic book game)? I've heard a bunch of good press on this one, and will probably have to check it out at some point (maybe when it hits platinum price though-no money for games at the moment...).

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
This game blows it away. First of all the physics of web swinging are incredible. Now your envoirment is constantly affecting how you play the game. Battles can be lost if you don't web swing hard enough. Missons can be lost if you don't time your jumps the right way and connect to the right buildings. It's so much fun. It's easily the best repesentation of how a superhero would patrol the city iever. The missons are fun, the jokes are cool. The game is unreal. Buy it now.

James T

Screenwriter
I forgot about Best Buy. I think Future Shop had the same deal too(and they should). How much is the price going up to? Maybe I could use the giftcard towards the game purchase :)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
It's good to see such positive reviews. If I recall the original Spider-Man game had the usual pre-release fanfare in the magazines (where every game is going to be great) and ultimately came out to ho-hum reviews.

Does this tie in to the SM2 movie or is it an extension?

It's funny, with all the promos out right now with the movie I keep thinking of the Friends episode where Chandler is talking to Joey about "Spider-Man" vs. "Spiderman". "He's a spider man. It's not his last name, like Jim Spiderman." Or something to that effect. I thought that was hilarious. ;)

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
It follows the movie preety closley and spoils the ending for you. If oyu haven't seen the movie see it first then buy the game.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

Or just don't follow the chapters :D
This is the best SM game ever! :emoji_thumbsup:
Diving headfirst from the Empire State Building, and the WTC memorial lights are just incredible.

Chris

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
One of the first things I did was dive head first from the Empire State Building. Talk about a head rush. And then I went to Times Square and found my hotel when I stayed there.

Regarding the WTC memorial lights; is that the actual spot where the towers stood? I was pretty sure, but the buildings around it seemed different.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
A question:

I don't have an Xbox (I know, for shame) but I have a PS2 and a Gamecube. Are there any significant or discernable differences in either graphics, sound or gameplay when comparing PS2 and Cube versions of Spiderman 2?

Thanks in advance.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
^^^ My understanding is the Xbox is first in graphics as it shows the mirrored buildings best, followed by Gamecube then PS2. This is based on a review I read last week.

That said, the gameplay is the same.

Ike

Screenwriter
I'm playing through it, and am on Chapter 14. I've got mixed feelings on the game-the city, swinging, and exploring is all fantastic. A lot of the bosses (especially Mysterio's stuff) are really neat too. But the hero points White Marker/Green Marker stuff is boring and repetitive. Neither Spider game has really gotten fighting down. Overall, it's good, but it definitely could have been better.

My question is-early on in the game, Bruce tells you that there's an arcade and that you should go inside and play games sometime. I've been swinging around, visiting all the dollar sign buildings, and I haven't found it. What part of town is it located in, and are there arcade games to play?

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Isn't the arcade right at the beginning when you finish the first tutorial?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks