Speed Gift Set.. New Speed 2 SE?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Denis, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Denis

Denis Auditioning

Quick question for everyone: When the Speed SE was anounced I remember that Speed 2 would also be re-released, this time also anamorphic and in DTS. Now I know there's a Gift Pack coming out with the new Speed SE and Speed 2 packaged together. However I haven't seen anything to indicate that there Speed 2 will be a new edition. It's not up for pre-order seperately anywhere as far as I know. Could someone shed some light on this?? Will there be a new edition in the gift pack and/or will it be available seperately??

Denis

2. Malcolm Cleugh

Malcolm Cleugh Second Unit

I thought this was going to be like many Fox boxsets that only the first film was going to be released separately. I think French Connection 2 is only in the boxset and for Die Hard they relented and released them all separately.

Spec I saw was remastered anamorphic with DTS and a 30 min making of.

3. luke cav

luke cav Stunt Coordinator

Speed 2 was one of the worse sequel's, up there with Batman & Robin, it would be a waste of a special edition.

4. Mitch Stevens

Mitch Stevens Supporting Actor

I have a couple of questions on this subject as well. I did a search for "Speed" on the DVDpricesearch.com page, and it came up with:

Speed (Five Star Collection)
    Speed 2 (Special Edition)
    Speed (Boxset)

Which says that it contains:

Speed (Special Edition)
    Speed 2 (Special Edition).

Does anyone know for sure if this "Special Edition" of Speed is in fact, the "Five Star Collection?"

The seperate release says 5 Star Collection, while the box set does not. I wonder if the Speed inside the boxed set will only be the first disc from the 5 star collection.

5. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

According to Amazon, box set contains Speed (Five Star Collection) and Speed 2 (Special Edition). It also lists the number of discs as three. DVD Empire also claims the box has a Five Star disc for Speed.

6. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

The Speed Gift Set includes:

Speed - Five Star Collection
    Speed 2: Cruise Control(special edition)

That's the two-disc Speed with all the bonus features and the new Speed 2: Cruise Control with a new 16:9 transfer & new featurette.

7. Denis

Denis Auditioning

Thanks for all the replies guys!

Denis