What's new

Speed Gift Set.. New Speed 2 SE? (1 Viewer)

Denis

Auditioning
Quick question for everyone: When the Speed SE was anounced I remember that Speed 2 would also be re-released, this time also anamorphic and in DTS. Now I know there's a Gift Pack coming out with the new Speed SE and Speed 2 packaged together. However I haven't seen anything to indicate that there Speed 2 will be a new edition. It's not up for pre-order seperately anywhere as far as I know. Could someone shed some light on this?? Will there be a new edition in the gift pack and/or will it be available seperately??

Denis

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
I thought this was going to be like many Fox boxsets that only the first film was going to be released separately. I think French Connection 2 is only in the boxset and for Die Hard they relented and released them all separately.

Spec I saw was remastered anamorphic with DTS and a 30 min making of.

luke cav

Stunt Coordinator
Speed 2 was one of the worse sequel's, up there with Batman & Robin, it would be a waste of a special edition.

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
I have a couple of questions on this subject as well. I did a search for "Speed" on the DVDpricesearch.com page, and it came up with:

Speed (Five Star Collection)
Speed 2 (Special Edition)
Speed (Boxset)

Which says that it contains:

Speed (Special Edition)
Speed 2 (Special Edition).

Does anyone know for sure if this "Special Edition" of Speed is in fact, the "Five Star Collection?"

The seperate release says 5 Star Collection, while the box set does not. I wonder if the Speed inside the boxed set will only be the first disc from the 5 star collection.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
According to Amazon, box set contains Speed (Five Star Collection) and Speed 2 (Special Edition). It also lists the number of discs as three. DVD Empire also claims the box has a Five Star disc for Speed.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
The Speed Gift Set includes:

Speed - Five Star Collection
Speed 2: Cruise Control(special edition)

That's the two-disc Speed with all the bonus features and the new Speed 2: Cruise Control with a new 16:9 transfer & new featurette.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks