What's new

Specs for Marantz SR-5500/SR-4500 (1 Viewer)

Tingwe

Stunt Coordinator
Like all Marantz receivers, the SR5500 includes 32-bit DSP processors and 24-bit/192kHz D/A converters on all channels, a massive power transformer, all-discrete current-feedback amplifier topology, and many additional refinements. It delivers 90 watts of pure power into each of its seven main channels.

those of you who've owned previous Marantz models, how accurate is that figure with all channels driven? pretty close to it similar to the HKs, or much much lower wattage?

Blaine_M

Second Unit
I found the audoholics one right after I made my 2nd post. I've got the SR5400, I'd say the specs are right on. In fact I read an independent review one time that said on the 5400 that the numbers were VERY CONSERVATIVE. It acutally had more power than the ratings said. I was mainly wanting to know if the SR4500 had an adjustable crossover, looks like according to one of the sites it does. A friend wants to build a HT, but he doesn't have much $ to spend, I'd still like to see him get a Marantz so I'm going to try and talk him into the SR4500...which we have listened to at the local dealer and he liked it.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Yep I was a little blunt, but I know about the new Marantz stuff because I am in the market, and the first thing I did was search the internet!

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks