What's new

speaker wire: car vs. home??? (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi all -

i'm pretty sure there's no diff, but i thought i'd ask.

do you guys see any issues in using speaker wire "designated" as car usage for home?

i picked up some of this 12g monster wire cuz i was in a pinch. i actually like the way it looks and (as far as i can tell) works just fine.

anyway, any comments appreciated.

thx,

ted

ps - where are you chu? ;)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Not at all. FWIW, the brand, KnuKonceptz, is considered a car wire and IMHO, represents a nice alternative for those not wanting clear PVC.

Psst, you can even use interconnects from the automobile section to hook up your amp/preamp.

Steve Lumbert

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, I can also vouch for KnuKonceptz. After I bought my HDTV, my AudioQuest Crystal cables were short by 1" on the far side of my TV. The Crystal was one of their higher end speaker cables equivalent to an 11 gauge solid wire and were pretty expensive.

I replace them with the KnuKonceptz twisted 8 gauge cables and they look and sound great. They were a real pain to terminate and I had to use special locking banana plugs due to the extremely large diameter of the wire but for $1.50/ft it was a steal. I used this on my fronts and center channel speakers.

They also have some interesting silver wire (Karma I think it's called)available in up to 10 gauge for $3.50/ft. I may upgrade the wiring for my surrounds to this. Right now I'm just using the Radio Shack 14 gauge flat Mega Cable which is working out pretty good IMHO.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
great guys ... thx for the confirmation.

ya know ... i gotta admit i kinda like the way the blue/silver wiring looks. :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks