What's new

speaker stands (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
In my search for good speaker stands for my rear sattelite surround speakers I started wondering what are some good brands to choose from? I'm looking at some that are at Circuit City, they are made by "Chicago" and are 34' which fit my needs perfectly the only problem is that they are supposedly designed exclusively for the "Bose Acoustimass" system. Will these still work for my Polk sattelite speakers? because they are perfect, there isn't really much out there that impress me nor are tall enough. The lady of the house doesn't want me mounting the speakers on the wall so speaker stands are my only other option. Anything that you guys can push me towards that is in the $50 to $70 ball park and are at least 30'. Thanks.
-Keith-

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Thanks, these look nice I'll have to strongy consider these any other suggestions?
-Keith-

Steve_D

Second Unit
I currently use the Radio Shack steel stands that are kind of curved at the bottom for my Paradigm Micros. However, now that I have a spare pair of Mini's for back duty and they are heavier and bigger, I am probably going with these:
http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/pr...eaker%20Stands
All metal, spikes, big speaker platform, and maybe sand fillable with adjustable height 30-40", for $100 with shipping. Not bad.
------------------
Link Removed

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Take a look at Sanus speaker stands. They make some nice products. When you say satellite speakers, how small are they? I have bookshelf speakers that go well with Sanus stands. I am not sure what they have for true satellites. Maybe what I have will work for you. I have a pair of Energy e:XL 16 bookshelf speakers on 28-inch black Sanus stands in my living room stereo system. These stands cost $90 at Tweeter.
I also just bought a 36-inch pair of Sanus Natural Foundations speaker stands for my Energy e:XL 16 surrounds in my home theater. Now, they cost $120 fromwww.electroshops.com , but they are quite nice. The Natural Foundations stands are available in 30-inch height as I recall, which of course, are less expensive than the ones I bought. Natural Foundations stands are available in all-black painted wood or you can get them with black bases and tops and your choice of oak, maple, or cherry wood posts. The all-black stands are cheaper. So, it is possible that the all-black 30-inch stands will be in your price range. For what it's worth, I bought the black and maple stands, and they look great. It took five minutes to put them together, and they are solid. Finally, the person I ordered from at electroshops.com was very helpful. I got the stands in three days (Minnesota to Delaware).
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Alex F.

Second Unit
See the trusty folks at Audioadvisor.com for a vast selection of quality steel stands. They also have tall, adjustable height units.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Steve_D,
I believe JandR has those same stands for about $75 or so. I'm not sure what the shipping for them would be at JandR though so it may all balance out to the same price anyway. Just thought I'd let you know. I'll try to get a link.
[EDIT] Here's the link:
http://www.jandr.com/JRProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id =177&Product_Id=22519&Sort=Current_Price
$74.99 + $12.75 for standard UPS shipping
These have an "H" at the end of the model number though. The first thing I notice is the ones at JandR have a slightly smaller top plate (6" x 6" vs. 6.3" x 6.75"), and the JandR ones adjust from 24" to 42" and the ones at audioadvisor adjust from 30" to 40"
[Edited last by Sean Laughter on July 18, 2001 at 05:14 PM]

Steve_D

Second Unit
Thanks Sean,
You just saved my $15 :) Or more honestly re-allocated that $15 to something else lol
------------------
Link Removed

Yosuke Yamamoto

Auditioning
If you want the Sanus stands that Keith mentioned, I got mine at UBID for $28 shipped. Mine are 30", and UBID did not have any taller than that. Wood construction with spikes is what mine is. It looks alright and it was cheaper than anything else I've seen...they do the job real well.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I'm wondering now, my couch is 31' tall and Radioshack has a pair of stands that adjust from 31' to 48', would this be reasonable? that would place my rear speakers at least a foot higher than my head. Is this reasonable or should I look for something that adjusts higher?
-Keith-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks