What's new

Speaker Sibilance New Receiver? (1 Viewer)

Steve WC

Stunt Coordinator
I have recently posted in the speaker section about a sibilance problem and was advised my Yamaha receiver was a bad match ("to bright") for my speakers.

I noticed that Dennon's seem to be matched with forward sounding speakers.

Any other brands or models in the $400-$600 range.

Will be used for Music and HT.

Thanks,

Steve

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Steve, Denon is definitely known to be a warm sounding or should I say a laid back sounding receiver. It best matches with speakers that are bright so that it can bring them down to a more neutral sounding speaker. Less harsh, more natural. That is why you hear alot of people buying Denon for Paradigm speakers.
Fitting in your budget your best bet would be the Denon 2802 that goes for around $550 at 6ave.com. If you could push your budget a little more I suggest picking up the 3802 for $699 shipped from 6ave.com. You can goto denon website (Link Removed) to look over the features of the 2 receivers to see which one best fits your needs. Or you could do a seach on Denon 3802 and you will come up with tons of posts related the 3802.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks