What's new

Speaker settings for best sound balance? (1 Viewer)

Dave-Z

Agent
Speakers are PSB Stratus Silveri's Front L/R (rated to 35Hz), Stratus C6i Center (rated to 55Hz) and Athena AS-B1's as surrounds (don't expect much base out of em). No sub, had a nice Velodyne 15", but had to move to an apartment, hardwood floors, not a sub-friendly environment. Running a NAD-763 receiver.

Main question is this: What do you think would be the best size settings for this set-up. I absolutely love the the sound of these speakers. Just got the center and receiver, and it's just beautiful. The thing is, I'm not sure what my ideal set-up is for really good over-all sound.

Currently have the three up front set to large, surrounds to small. Bass is fine, but with the center, it seems I've really lost the imaging I was enjoying with just two fronts.

Just hoping for some ideas to try. Thanks much!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Since the fronts have different extension capabilities, I’d set the center to small and let the L/R mains do the bass duties. With all three speakers running full range, everything below 55Hz will seem lacking. This is because there are three speakers generating above 55Hz, but only two below 55Hz. Make sense?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks