What's new

speaker placement (1 Viewer)

Brian Tenore

Auditioning
Hello,

Can anyone give me some incite on in wall and ceiling speakers. currently i'm finishing off my basement and in doing so i'm restricted to using rear surrounds in my ceiling. Will this configuration work well? Also, what would you recommend for in-wall and ceiling speakers.

Thanks.

Drew B

Auditioning
Well, I'm currently doing the same thing your doing. My main goal was to make sure I spent as little money as I could, and still keep a somewhat timbre matched system.

Because my room is so small, I have to install ceiling mounted rear channels. I chose a pair of Polk RC80I for a $150 pair. Up front I have some Polk RTi6 front channel, and a Polk CSi3 center channel. I can't tell you how they sound because they are not installed yet, but I think it should do a pretty good job for my 16'x12' room.

From what I hear, you'll want to install some insulation in the ceiling to help with bass reverb. Kinda like how you would put insulation in an enclosure.

I'm doing this mainly because my next door neighbor has the same setup, but he's using different brands of speakers. From what I have heard his HT sounds great. The rear channels have no problem panning or anything.

Not to mention it looks sharp.

If you want, I'll keep you posted. I have some pictures of my setup, and if your interested, I'll provide a link for you when I get a chance.

-Drew

Brian Tenore

Auditioning
Drew

That would be great. Keep me up to date. Have you ever looked into Niles speakers?
Thanks

Brian.

soundsgreat

Auditioning
Real Name
Dexter
How do you like your Polk speakers after all this time? Thinking of getting a pair myself. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks