What's new

Speaker on top of TV (1 Viewer)

JohnnyM

Auditioning
I've got a B&W CC6 S2 center speaker going on a Sony 36" TV which will be here on Friday. The top of the TV is not flat. Has anyone dealt with the problem of placing the speaker on a TV like this? The speaker footprint is just under 18x11 (17.7x10.8) and weighs 14 lbs. I have the Sony stand and can't put it under the TV. On top is my only option.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
I had a similar problem. I ended up getting a stand that was designed for a VCR. The front part of the stand sits right on the screen top edge, with two movable feet that extend to make contact with the back part of the tube. After setting this up, I put my speaker on it and it worked fine.
The stand had a two tier option, but you are not required to use the upper tier, so I left it off.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
My father in law had the same problem. We ended up using "sticky tac" on the bottom of the speaker. It provided just enough grip so that the speaker stays put.
At home, I have a flat top on my WEGA, and I needed the speaker to angle down. I used rubber doorstops under the speaker to hold it.
------------------
"You advance yourself only by my good graces."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks