What's new

Speaker hookup (1 Viewer)

Mvjord

Auditioning
Real Name
Matthew
I just bought a home and inherited speakers mounted into the walls. What equipment and steps do I need to take to hookup speakers to my TV? Thanks

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
I just bought a home and inherited speakers mounted into the walls. What equipment and steps do I need to take to hookup speakers to my TV? Thanks

Just like Wayne said you'll need an some kind of amplifier. For a main living space with multiple speakers you'll want an AVR that will do both digital sources and surround decoding for the multiple speakers. What AVR depends greatly on your budget, number of speakers and features that you want.

Once you have the AVR you'll want to hook the wires up to the correct port/output on the AVR. If you have a wallplate this could be a simple piece of speaker wire to jumper from the AVR to the wallplate. After the speakers are connects you should run the auto-setup feature of the AVR and you should be done.

The questions now are
  • What's the budget for this project?
  • How many speakers do you have?
  • How many speakers do you want to hook up?
  • What features are you looking for?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks