What's new

Speaker Dillema. Please Help (1 Viewer)

maskman

Auditioning
Real Name
Dennis
Hi,

This is my first post. I am in the process of setting up my home theater. I have a pair of florr standing Cerwin Vega Speakers that I use as my laft and right front speakers. I have a JBL Center Channel with two JBL rear surround speakers and a Sony Subwoofer.

My question is, What is my best solution for speakers that I use for my home theater as well as my stereo system. Are these 3-way Cerwin Vega speakers good for both? I would love to downsize, but I am afraid I waould sacrafice the rich sound they give me when listening to music. Is it possible to get really rich audio from speakers designed for a home theater?

I guess what I am really asking is, are there speakers that give the best of both Thearter and Music?

Thanks,
Dennis

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Dennis,

The very best speakers for HiFi audio are also excellent for Home Theater. Speakers reproducing the sound with optimal precision are best for both worlds.

Of course, someone who listens to film all the time (or mostly) could compromise a little bit, but if you happen to have a beautiful and rich sound stage, that will be the same for your movies.

So... downsizing to a setup just sufficient for your HT, may indeed compromise your Music experience. Is there no nice way to keep the ones you have in your HT?

One remark:
I don't know that Sony sub. Movies may "request" some real sub power, so this is the one field where a solution adequate for music, may not be enough for film. But as I said: I really don't know that sub, so perhaps it's fine.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks