What's new

speaker connections (1 Viewer)

mhuba

Auditioning
Real Name
mike
i wonder if someone can help me with this, i recently aquired a pair of welton speaker towers. one of the connections where the wires hook in to the speaker tower is broken. i pulled the connection out and there is circuitry connected to the back side of the plug as such i have never seen. i would like to replace both the connections as they are kind of cheezy where you have to strip the wire and insert it in to a slot. what is this circuitry and where might i find similar style circuitry but with maybe bannana connections

thanks for all
mike

Terry St

Second Unit
It's difficult to say for sure based solely on your description, but it is possible that circuitry could be part of the speaker's crossover network, in which case it would be custom built to that particular model of speaker. You could try contacting the manufacturer for replacement parts. While less than ideal, a quick and dirty fix could be to try soldering a wire to the contacts of the old terminals, pushing them inside the speaker, and then connecting to some new terminals so you don't have to replace the circuitry.

mhuba

Auditioning
Real Name
mike
That may be the way i go. I contacted the mfg they look to be more of a furniture company but maybe they can help. The circuitry does look to be specific.

Thanks for you help good idea

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks