What's new

Speaker cable (1 Viewer)

I am building a new house and am wiring in a theater room and also multiroom speakers. I ordered a roll of 16-4 for all of the in wall/ceiling speakers in the house. I also ordered a roll of Quad 4 coax for Sat. dist. I had not yet decided on theater room wire. I received the 16-4, but the roll of coax turned out to be a roll of 14-2 instead. My question is, can I use this in the theater room if I double up the runs to each speaker? I was going to use Monster 12 gauge for the theater. This cable that I got is Genesis Audaciuos oxygen free. Is it even good enough to use in a theater room? I will be using Paradigm studio speakers, proabably with an Outlaw 950/770 combo. Is this better or worse then one run of 12 gauge?

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
doubling up gives you an effective gauge of ~11. so yes you can double up if you want, or even just leave it alone. virtually all speaker wire is OFC.

with regards to the coax, just ensure it's a copper center conductor and not copper over steel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks