What's new

Pre-Order Spartacus 60th Anniversary Edition (1960) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
My order with Target shipped last Friday, but it's not scheduled to be here until Wednesday via UPS Sure Post. That means I'm at the mercy of the USPS for final delivery, and may not get it on Wednesday.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My order with Target shipped last Friday, but it's not scheduled to be here until Wednesday via UPS Sure Post. That means I'm at the mercy of the USPS for final delivery, and may not get it on Wednesday.
Mine didn't ship until yesterday, but it's already at my local UPS. They might delivered it today, but I suspect they'll pass it off to my USPS for delivery tomorrow which is fine with me as long as my stuff doesn't end up in Detroit USPS facility. Too many of my recent shipments end up there and stay there for several days.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I actually received a delayed shipping notice from Best Buy within the last few hours.

It's no big deal. I generally don't get to watch many of my incoming titles right away

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mine didn't ship until yesterday, but it's already at my local UPS. They might delivered it today, but I suspect they'll pass it off to my USPS for delivery tomorrow which is fine with me as long as my stuff doesn't end up in Detroit USPS facility. Too many of my recent shipments end up there and stay there for several days.
It looks like UPS will be in my area today and deliver "I am Spartacus" today!:D

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
It looks like UPS will be in my area today and deliver "I am Spartacus" today!:D
Target must have sent yours via regular UPS if they are delivering the package. I would probably be getting mine today, too, if they didn't ship via Sure Post.

I actually have time to watch the film today or tomorrow. If it doesn't show up by then, it may be next week before I have time to watch such a long movie.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Target must have sent yours via regular UPS if they are delivering the package. I would probably be getting mine today, too, if they didn't ship via Sure Post.

I actually have time to watch the film today or tomorrow. If it doesn't show up by then, it may be next week before I have time to watch such a long movie.
I don't know about that as it says UPS SurePost when I click on my tracking number.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
No 4K streaming upgrade for SPARTACUS. What is worse is that VIDU and Amazon use the very old original HD transfers which is unwatchable

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
No 4K streaming upgrade for SPARTACUS. What is worse is that VIDU and Amazon use the very old original HD transfers which is unwatchable

So, there is a digital code included but not for 4k?

I wonder if this is a temporary issue.

Last I heard THE BLUES BROTHERS is still not 4k on iTunes. Universal is telling customers that it eventually will be, but COVID-19 is slowing that process down. Quite frankly, I don't know what Coronavirus has to do with flipping a switch to make the 4k version available.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Last I heard THE BLUES BROTHERS is still not 4k on iTunes. Universal is telling customers that it eventually will be, but COVID-19 is slowing that process down. Quite frankly, I don't know what Coronavirus has to do with flipping a switch to make the 4k version available.
It's probably a little more involved than just flipping a switch. The 4K transfer needs to be downloaded to the service's server farm, at the very least. That being said, I would think that the technical staff supporting the streaming service would be working remotely, so the pandemic still should not have a lot of impact on that industry.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I preordered SPARTACUS 4K here through Amazon months ago. Still no indication when it will ship. I went Amazon an hour ago and ordered it again.....That disc has now shipped and I'll have it tomorrow. What' going on with Amazon?

• Haha
Reactions: PMF

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
I'M SPARTACUS!

20200721_100419.jpg

Watching this evening. :D

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It's probably a little more involved than just flipping a switch. The 4K transfer needs to be downloaded to the service's server farm, at the very least. That being said, I would think that the technical staff supporting the streaming service would be working remotely, so the pandemic still should not have a lot of impact on that industry.

I understand that completely. "Flipping a switch" is just a figure of speech. I realize it's a little more involved than that but not to the point where getting a 4k transfer uploaded to iTunes would be delayed for several weeks due to COVID-19.

I'M SPARTACUS!

View attachment 75790

Watching this evening. :D

Love the Bond poster in the background

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks