Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Real Name
Robert Harris
Unfortunately we can't go back to 1960. My memory of the presentation at the DeMille Theatre in Jan 1961 is vivid but I'm sure 'things' are missing. You certainly had an inside look to what could be done...and everything that could be done was.... My recollection was that the sound was much better in 1961 and your restoration as presented in 1990 at the Ziegfeld was pretty darn good. The blu ray cannot match the sound of the 70 mm presentations.
More highly resolved image than what you saw at the Ziegfeld. Same audio as both Ziegfeld as well as 1960-61, with additions per 1989 reconstruction.

trajan007

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Larry C Bender
View attachment 73282

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

[parsehtml]
<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=htfronsposts-20&language=en_US&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B08928MDK3&asins=B08928MDK3&linkId=ef357d8fb4fe393d1de3fc229df4f3b2&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true"></iframe>
[/parsehtml]
Best buy has not shipped yet.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yes. I ordered at $22.99. It’s now $19.99.
How did you go about getting your refund? I am in the process of waiting in queue to talk to an agent online right now.

BestBuy sucks when it comes to this stuff. Their disc prices always drop a day or two before release. They never auto credit their customers.

I should just learn to wait until the day before to place my preorder. You would think I would have learned by now

AlexNH

Second Unit
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
Somehow mine was automatically provided. I got an email out of the blue. I didn't even know the price had dropped until I got it.

Dave Moritz

Lead Actor
Premium
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I think I will wait for the steelbook version but can not wait to own this movie for the first time and on 4K Blu-ray. No new movies for me until after I get back from vacation!

spartacus_4k_5.jpg

Reactions: Craig_Ehr

trajan007

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Larry C Bender
View attachment 73282

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

[parsehtml]
<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=htfronsposts-20&language=en_US&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B08928MDK3&asins=B08928MDK3&linkId=ef357d8fb4fe393d1de3fc229df4f3b2&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true"></iframe>
[/parsehtml]
Some guy gave SPARTACUS 4K a 1.5 rating on br.com. Sure this was some sort of joke.

ManW_TheUncool

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Personally, I (and probably several other HTF regulars) am wondering when Apple will upgrade our iTunes digital copies to 4K, LOL... though that might purely be "academic" for me as I can't make use of 4K streaming (at least the way it's usually implemented) for some time... :lol:

_Man_

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Real Name
Robert Harris
Some guy gave SPARTACUS 4K a 1.5 rating on br.com. Sure this was some sort of joke.
Only review I saw was a YouTube piece, mostly discussing the packaging. Gent ran it for his friends, who seem to have told him it’s grain reduced, and doesn’t look like film.

But the clear plastic covering the steel book was a nice quality.

Forum Sponsors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkoenig4