Ken Koc

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ken Koc
I understand that completely. "Flipping a switch" is just a figure of speech. I realize it's a little more involved than that but not to the point where getting a 4k transfer uploaded to iTunes would be delayed for several weeks due to COVID-19.

Love the Bond poster in the background
Why was it so quick and easy to upgrade to 4K all the recently released SONY classics? Something's up with Universal .

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Why was it so quick and easy to upgrade to 4K all the recently released SONY classics? Something's up with Universal .
That's a question I don't think any of us here can answer right now. It's frustrating as hell, but, there is little we can do about it.

Brian Husar

Second Unit
Mine has shipped and I should receive it tomorrow along with the Paramount Presents of Ghost. Time to revisit my high school years.

Reactions: PMF

Reed Grele

Patron
Real Name
Reed Grele
The 4K UHD BD of SPARTACUS has lived up to my expectations. Superb picture and sound.

The HDR plays nice with my Sony 885ES, and Dolbyvision on my 65" LG OLED is a wonder to behold. The colors seem to pop off the screen! Magnificent! I daresay that the quality of this 4K transfer exceeds what I saw back in the 1990's on the big screen at the Ziegfeld Theater in NYC.

With the recent additions of Lawrence of Arabia, and the other great films included in the Columbia Classics Box Set, my justification of buying into 4K is really starting to pay off!

In these difficult and uncertain times, it's a good sign that we're still getting quality products like these from the major studios.

Keep them coming!

Last edited:
Reactions: PMF

Brian Husar

Second Unit
Here it is:

I don't think it's as bad as Mr. Harris does. But his points are well taken as always.
I actually subscribe to his channel. I better not share my You Tube videos. Lol. But I think he is OK. His screenshots are from his Television and he said why in one episode. I did tune out when he reviewed LOA on 4K and said it looked like a new 35mm print, when it was done from the 65mm neg that RAH did. He also is really way too much into 4K UHD and I don’t think realizes not every film needs to be on 4K UHD.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The 4K UHD BD of SPARTACUS has lived up to my expectations. Superb picture and sound.

The HDR plays nice with my Sony 885ES, and Dolbyvision on my 65" LG OLED is a wonder to behold. The colors seem to pop off the screen! Magnificent! I daresay that the quality of this 4K transfer exceeds what I saw back in the 1990's on the big screen at the Ziegfeld Theater in NYC.

With the recent additions of Lawrence of Arabia, and the other great films included in the Columbia Classics Box Set, my justification of buying into 4K is really starting to pay off!

In these difficult and uncertain times, it's a good sign that we're still getting quality products like these from the major studios.

Keep them coming!
The overall contrast range and levels of shadow detail are slightly better than what you saw at the Z.

Ken Koc

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ken Koc
I am thrilled that when I redeemed my digital code for SPARTACUS it upgraded to 4K in Movies Anywhere! Not so thrilled! It may say 4K but on Movies Anywhere it say the 4K is not supported and it is using the very old HD transfer !!!!!! :angry: Why did this happen? All my other 4Ks work on Movies Anywhere .

Last edited:

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davefromlondon