1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Source for Fml to Fml VGA cable coupler??

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Vince Maskeeper, May 20, 2005.

1. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

[​IMG]

I need a VGA coupler

An older monitor I have has a cable that is "hardwired" to the monitor, but I wanted to connect it to a PC 40 feet away... I ahve a 50 foot VGA line but no way to connect the two male ends to one another.

Anyway- I can find these vga couplers online- usually "cheap" in the $4 range- however then the online stores charge $10-14 for shipping! I have been unable to find one at normal "reputable" etailers (Parts Express, Markertek, etc).

Anyway- anyone know a source for an item like this? Any B&M type stores stock this type of thing?

-V

2. Chris_HA

Chris_HA Agent

If your in Hollywood, why not try Fry's? I'm 99% sure they have what you are looking for. I bought mine at a local Microcenter, and they have one at their online store as well: http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0001350

No idea on what shipping will cost.

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Chris,

I ended up finding them at Monoprice.com for a very good price and reasonable shipping (got the tip on AVS): $2 plus $2.40 for shipping. The one I bought looks identical to the one you linked to, for less than half the price.

THe problem with Fry's is they are a 20 minute drive and if they don't have what I need it's a wasted hour out of my day... I'm willing to pay a reasonable shipping charge to save the hassle... but I just couldn't find a reasonable one until I found the monoprice site.

-V