Source for Fml to Fml VGA cable coupler??

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Vince Maskeeper, May 20, 2005.

1. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

[​IMG]

I need a VGA coupler

An older monitor I have has a cable that is "hardwired" to the monitor, but I wanted to connect it to a PC 40 feet away... I ahve a 50 foot VGA line but no way to connect the two male ends to one another.

Anyway- I can find these vga couplers online- usually "cheap" in the $4 range- however then the online stores charge $10-14 for shipping! I have been unable to find one at normal "reputable" etailers (Parts Express, Markertek, etc).

Anyway- anyone know a source for an item like this? Any B&M type stores stock this type of thing?

-V

2. Chris_HA

Chris_HA Agent

If your in Hollywood, why not try Fry's? I'm 99% sure they have what you are looking for. I bought mine at a local Microcenter, and they have one at their online store as well: http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0001350

No idea on what shipping will cost.

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Chris,

I ended up finding them at Monoprice.com for a very good price and reasonable shipping (got the tip on AVS): $2 plus $2.40 for shipping. The one I bought looks identical to the one you linked to, for less than half the price.

THe problem with Fry's is they are a 20 minute drive and if they don't have what I need it's a wasted hour out of my day... I'm willing to pay a reasonable shipping charge to save the hassle... but I just couldn't find a reasonable one until I found the monoprice site.

-V