What's new

Soundblaster Live! 5.1, digital output? (1 Viewer)

Adriano

Auditioning
Is there a way to connect a Soundblaster Live! 5.1 to a receiver with optical digital input? I have a Toslink cable that has a digital optical jack.
Thanks a lot!;)

Rogozhin

Stunt Coordinator
Nope.

You should pick up a $30 Hercules Fortissimo 3 ;)

It has optical out and it has optical for your DVD drive (if your DVD ROM drive has an optical out (it's a strange little connector from the DVD drive straight to the Card and then a standard optical from the back of the card to the input on the receiver.

I sold my 5.1 ages ago because of the drivers and the non-optical support.

Good luck ;)

rogo

John Di Lauro

Stunt Coordinator
Adriano,

I could have sworn I've seen some threads on here talking about optical/coaxial converters. Did you try doing a search? I'm pretty sure there is a simple solution to your problem. Good luck.

John

Adriano

Auditioning
First @ Nick, I have a amazing memory;), I haven´t forgot that topic, it´s that I couldn´t solve my problem based on that.:confused:
I´ve made a topic in a newsgroup of Creative soundcard and the answer is that I can get 5.1 signal from my desktop with the digital optical input of the receiver if the soundcard itself has the output, it means that just the more expensive cards are able to do that, or you gotta buy a add on to Soundblaster Live!that offers a optical output,but it´s almost impossible to find here in Brazil. Other point is that with digital optical, we just can get 5.1 from files that had it itself like AC3 files, for example. Games will only have 5.1 if you connect the multi-channel output from the soundcard to the analog inputs, what isn´t avaliable in my receiver. Hope that this can be useful here, maybe other people may need it and I haven´t found it anywhere.
Great knowledge basis here, congrats!!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks