Soundcard 5.1 to Home Theater In a Box HT-DDW750

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Adriano, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Adriano

Adriano Auditioning

I´ve bought a Sony Home Theater In a Box HT-DDW750, and I´d like to connect my PC to have 5.1 sound from my PC-DVD player. For that I´d have to buy a 5.1 soundcard that had a digital optical output, cause that´s the only digital connection that´s avaliable here.
    Seems to me that Soundblaster Live! 5.1 doesn´t have a digital output, is there any option to connect it to the receiver with simple RCA cable and have a good 5.1 sound?(I can´t recognize a single output for doing this, just the sound boxes outputs...)
    Which are the best soundcard that have digital optical output?(Price is really a problem here...[​IMG]
    TIA[​IMG]
    Hope some answers soon!

2. Nick Jablome

Nick Jablome Agent

All you need is something that goes from the headphone jack, to a standard rca cable. I have a Monster Standard Interlink 200 going from my laptop into my receiver.

All you need is an updated version of your dvd program, like Windvd or PowerDvd, and you should be able to get 5.1 I usually watch movies in PowerDVD with Pro Logic 2 mode going

As for optical out, im wondering myself, because im about to buy an Onkyo one, that goes from USB, and turns it into an TOSlink optical cable. Programs like Windvd are supposed to be able to support it for watching Dolby Digital and DTS movies.

You dont necessarily need an internal soundcard upgrade, there are plent of external ones. Look into the ones Sonica makes, they are pretty cheap.

3. Adriano

Adriano Auditioning

I don´t have any problem with WinDVD, just don´t have the proper internal soundcard,that´s my problem. I think that a creative 5.1 with digital optical output would solve my problem, just don´t know which one to buy...

4. Nick Jablome

Nick Jablome Agent

Well, you can either get something really good External one like this,

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3455228682&category=3666

It had both optical and coax outputs. But since (im guessing) you have a desktop pc, which i dont have since im limited to only the external usb ones, you should go for an internal card. Soundblaster should be fine, or if you really want to spend bucks on something good, go for this

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3701391013&category=41787