What's new

Soundbar recommendations (1 Viewer)

zamboknee

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy W
First off, I know that a sound bar isn't going to completely take the place of a full-fledged surround system but for the movie viewing we do, it will do just fine. That being said, can anyone recommend a good sound bar? Something UNDER $500 preferably. We're looking to get one for upstairs where the TV is only about 5 feet from the viewing position and another one for downstairs where the viewing position is about 15 feet from the TV. I'm thinking the Yamaha YAS-101 for the upstairs (close viewing) as it won't have a lot of room to fill but would like some recommendations for a bigger room. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I was surprised at the low cost of Sound Bars in Costco this weekend so I've been investigating them myself. Seems like the 2012 stock is being closed out while the 2013s phase in. I've never been particularly impressed by them in the past but it seems that this is tech people really want and has been steadily improving. If you get a chance to check em out at Costco take a look at the Samsung they have for under $250. The wirecutter has this to say: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-cheap-soundbar/ http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/yamaha-ysp-2200/

zamboknee

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy W
So after determining that I can't wait til Spring for the new Vizio model (per wire cutter.com link) I've narrowed down my choices to either the Yamaha YAS-101 or the Zvox V420. Does anyone have experience with either of these?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks