What's new

Sopranos newbie (1 Viewer)

Jason Boucher

Stunt Coordinator
I just finished watching the entire Sopranos Season 1 on DVD for the first time. It was better than the hype. My dilemma--Season 2 is coming out on DVD and I will watch. However, assuming Season 3 does not come out on DVD before Season 4 on HBO, do I not watch Season 4 and wait for both to come out on DVD, or do I watch Season 4 without having seen Season 3. Can anybody tell me if there will be major spoilers that will ruin watching Season 3 out of place? On the DVD commentary, the director said that he prefers each episode to stand on its own, and that he does not consider The Sopranos a serial. If this is so, will I be able to watch Season 3 out of order and still enjoy? Any recommendations?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
My suggestion would be to keep an eye on the HBO schedule. It's almost a certainty that HBO will rerun season 3 at least one more time before season 4 debuts.
ADDENDUM: I just looked at the schedule. The current round of Sunday night Sopranos broadcasts (8pm EDT) is just at the end of season 1. HBO plans to show all 39 existing episodes in order, so you'll be able to catch season 3 in about 4 months.
M.
[Edited last by Michael Reuben on October 23, 2001 at 03:56 PM]

CharlesD

Screenwriter
You can certainly watch out of order andstill enjoy it. Each episode does stand on its own to a certain degree, but plot lines and characters do rely on previous episodes. If you can stand to wait it might be better to watch everything in order, but if you can't wait and have to have that Sopranos fix I don't think watching out of order would ruin it for you.
------------------
-- Will Work for Five Million Dollars

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I can't give you a definitive answer, though I think watching season 3 first would be best. But, I don't think you'll have to skip season 4. If HBO does what they usually do, they'll run season 3 again in the weeks leading up to the premiere of season 4 and you can watch it then.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
I watched most of Season 1 on DVD (rented)... the rest I plan to just watch on HBO. Next Sunday is the finale of Season 1.
Brian

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Just finished Season One on DVD.

I'm in the midst of the interview with Chase by Bogdonavich.

Do I NEED to finish this? It's painful. Peter has to be the worst interviewer in the world. I just wanna slap him. And BOTH of these guys have bad hair dye. Do they think we don't notice? It's even on Peter's eyebrows.

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
Has there been any announcement for season 3 of the Sopranos on DVD?

What are the chances it'll be released before season 4 begins?

Jodee

Screenwriter
Just finished Season One on DVD.

I'm in the midst of the interview with Chase by Bogdonavich.

Do I NEED to finish this? It's painful. Peter has to be the worst interviewer in the world. I just wanna slap him. And BOTH of these guys have bad hair dye. Do they think we don't notice? It's even on Peter's eyebrows.
Awww, you've got to love Peter Bogdanovich.

It's fun to make a drinking game out of it. Do a shot everytime Peter name-checks Orson Welles, John Ford, or Howard Hawks.

"Do you ascribe to the John Ford axiom of happy accidents?" he asks, as if everyone is as familiar with John Ford as he is.

I am a big PB fan, but part of his appeal is his pomposity.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks