What's new

Sony XBR 75X910C....any thoughts (1 Viewer)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
We've had this set since December 2015. My thoughts are not kind for this product.

Though the picture is great when looking at the 4k stuff on Youtube in Bestbuys showroom, watching other programing is not so good. I enjoy horror and sci-fi. blu rays which usually offer many dark scenes. The tv set seems to have terrible back lighting issues, something that cannot be demonstrated in a normally lit room. But if you try to watch the new X-FILES blu rays, for example or any dark movie, in a darkened room, all edges almost look milky white (no....not INTO THE WOODS...!) and degrade the quality of the image.

There have been several updates since the tv was installed...and a couple have caused major set backs in display issues and 3D performance....and have been fixed with other up-dates. (It is amazing the hoops you have to jump thru to watch a 3D disc at this time!) The customer assistance cannot tell me when, put they promise the issue will be settled.

Just wondering if any others have this tv and what their thought might be.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
There's nothing that can be done now or ever to alleviate the inherent problems with edge-lit LCD displays. For many people, the picture and brightness problems either go unnoticed or are not significant enough to offset the "wow factor" of a super-thin display.

While I am glad you are discerning enough of a viewer for this to bother you, I'm sad to say the problem can't really be solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks