Sony X Series

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee Carbray, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Lee Carbray

Lee Carbray Second Unit

I was poking around the sony website and found these,

X SERIES

Is sony getting into high end audio? Anybody had a chance to listen to them?

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Sony has made nice (not the best) speakers all along, they just don't seem to market them.

3. Miklsan K

Miklsan K Agent

John,
    You are right. I have heard the X series speakers (on ES electronics) and actually thought they were very good. They look phenomenal in person. I also seem to recall some radically expensive Sony speakers from the early 90s. Something like $10-15K a pair. I have to believe that if they set their mind to it, Sony could make some pretty great speakers.

4. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

Is it me or do those look very similiar to B&W speakers as well as the Swan Divas? I thought the Diva's were breaking some sort of law in regards to them being similiar to the B&W speakers, these look no different.

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    A friend of mine has a pair of nice Sony towers. When I first saw his system, I though "Sony speakers?", but after hearing them, I was surprised. They sound quite good.

Yes, those particular speakers do look a lot like B&W, but I'm sure they aren't going to take on someone like Sony...