What's new

Sony SCD-XA777ES Question (1 Viewer)

MikeTz

Stunt Coordinator
I recently bought a Sony SCD-XA777ES. It is connected to a Rotel RSP-1066 through the analog CD input (for redbook playback) and Rotel's multi-input for SACD playback. I'm having trouble getting 5.1 output. Does anyone know if you can connect the two channel analog to a preamp and simultaneously connect the Sony's 5.1 analog output to the preamps multi-input? I haven't done the test yet but I'm thinking that the Sony can't be connected this way and produce 5.1 analog. I will try to connect the to the Rotel CD input using the digital output from the Sony instead of the two cahnnel analog and then see if I can get 5.1 output. In the meantime any of you 777 owners who have worked through this please give me some advice.

MT

Joe Casey

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
The 2-channel output is for stereo SACD and CD.
The 5.1 output is for multi-channel SACD, but it's FL and FR outs can be used for stereo SACD and CD also.
The digital out is for CD only.
Now, if I remember correctly, the digital output must be enabled in the setup menu, and the 5.1 and stereo outs are mutually exclusive (won't output a signal simultaneously, although they can both be hooked up) and the 5.1 must also be enabled/configured in the setup menu.
Your best bet, though, is to use the stereo outs as much as possible as it uses 3 dacs per channel for decodong.

MikeTz

Stunt Coordinator
Joe:

Thanks. The problem was me. I didn't have the correct speaker configuration selected to make both 2 and 5.1 channel SACDs appear on the 5.1 outputs. It is possible to route the 2 channel output to the CD input and simultaneouly route the 5.1 analog outputs to the Rotel Multi-Input. All you have to do is read the manual.

Nothing hurt from this episode except pride.

MT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks