What's new

Sony KV-27HS420 vs Samsung TX-P2775H (1 Viewer)

Nathan Beyeler

Auditioning
I'm going to upgrade from my 27" Sony Trinitron. I looked at a 30" HDTV 16:9 screen (thanks for the recommendation Bill Will) but it won't fit in the cabinet. I'm fine with staying with a 4:3 screen. DVD 16:9 with black bars on top and bottom is fine for us.

After some research I found the following two sets.

Sony KV-27HS420
HDTV Ready / $712 at Circuit City

Samsung TX-P2775H
HDTV Integrated / $665 at Circuit City

Does anyone own either of these?
How can the Sony be more expensive but only be HDTV ready?

Which one would you recommend?

Regards,
Nathan Beyeler
[email protected]

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Because it's a Sony :D Don't have any info on them but check www.avsforum.com they have some info on the Sony & maybe someone here will chime in with some more info for you.

Greg J

Auditioning
I have recently made the switch from a Samsung 4:3 to the new line of Sony 16:9 (HS420 Series). When I purchased my first HDTV (the Samsung) I was very happy with it. At the time the Sony's price was quite high. (two years ago) Before I made my purchase I did ALOT of research and comparrisons.Now that I have had my Sony for a couple months I dont see how I watched the Samsung all that time. The PQ is far superior on the Sony. Another added bonus with the Sony's is that you can make some user adjustments withought having to go into the service menu like you have to on the Samsungs. I'm not knocking the Samsungs, but I would recommend going to the stores and really checking the sets out completly. Sometimes you have to take some of the board postings with a grain of salt approach: If someone has a certain brand, they tend to favor what they have in their own set up. I still have the Samsung, it is now in the bedroom. It has great PQ, but still cant compare to the Sony. For the small difference in price I woild recomend they Sony over the Sammy. Especially with the cost of set top boxes dropping. (or if you are going to have HD cable, the STB wont be a mandatory purchase if you dont want to do HD Over The Air) The bottom line is always your preference, so go out and check them out and get what you like best.
Which ever you you decide to go-Welcome to the world of High Definition! You are going to enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks