What's new

sony 7.1 junk or a good buy?? (1 Viewer)

ronGarcia

Grip
While looking for 7.1 recievers I find Sony has the price range I am wanting to spend. I know I am cheap!! I am wondering if they make good recievers or just a good priced pos. I would love some input to drive my system.
Polk System
Center CS300
Rear RT15 (4 of them)
Front RT800
Subs Velodyne (2 of them)
VA-907.2 and VA-807
TV Pioneer Elite Pro-510 HD

I am willing to wait until open box buys come around buy if Sony is worth it I can buy now. I like the features and look of Sony but am curious about why they are so cheap. Thanks and also some links for they best prices would be great also.

Gregory_S

Grip
Hi,
What model is it? I was looking at a Sony also - (I posted earlier on the board but nobody had any feedback!?) I was looking at the STRDE-697. I have been unable to find a dealer that has one hooked up to hear it! What my main concern is that it has enough grunt to power the system. I am upgrading my antique system - Denon PMA700V - Yamaha DSP Dolby Pro Logic! - and this was going to replace them.

ronGarcia

Grip
no particular model I was just browsing ebay and came on some very good deals. I hope someone has someone has bought and can give feedback.

James^Brian

Agent
If you want an answer that means much, you need to be more specific about what models your looking at. Sony puts out recievers that are at both ends of the spectrum, good and bad.

FeisalK

Screenwriter
judging by previous responses on this board, the DE series being at the bad end of the spectrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks