What's new

Sony 40" TV (1 Viewer)

Joe Wyant

Grip
I am getting the Sony 40" XBR TV delivered Friday and I can't wait! I was just wondering how other people like theirs. I have had a 32" non-hd Wega for awhile(moving to bedroom:D ) and had a problem with it being very sensitive to the magnetic field from my Infinity IL-40's. I am hoping this new one won't be as sensitive. Anyone ever dealt with that? Thanks.
Joe

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Joe Wyant

Grip
oh yea...I was also reading about the line doubler that is supposed to make non-hd sources look a lot better. Does that mean it is not worth spending the unbelievable amount they want for a tuner that will only let me watch high-def. about 1 hour a night?

Joe

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
No, you will want a high-def tuner. And there is much more HD programming available than an hour a night. (Line-doubled images do not match true 1080i in resolution.)

Are your speakers not shielded? If not, then place them much farther than a foot away from the KV-40XBR800 to either side. Two feet on each side would be better. Color distortions caused by magnetic interference can cause permanent damage to a TV/monitor, and that WEGA is not cheap.

The set is quite popular here at HTF. Good luck.

Joe Wyant

Grip
Infinity told me that the speakers are shielded, but that only helps with the distortion. They said unshielded speakers can distort a picture up to 5 feet away. I am glad you told me that it can cause permanent damage as I did not know that. I am kind of limited as far as placement options, but I will definitely try and keep these as far away from the tv as possible.

Thanks for the info,
Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks