What's new

Song suggestions for the garter removal and toss at my wedding? (1 Viewer)

Howie A

Second Unit
Hey, I am getting married in April and my fiancée and I just met with our DJ.
He wants me to pick a song for the garter removal and toss at my reception and
after looking at some of the suggested song titles, I thought I could use some help.
Please don't say Legs-zz top, or Mission Impossible, while I am sure these are cool
for that sort of thing I am looking for something a bit more original please.
Thank you

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
"Movin' on Up," aka "Theme from the Jeffersons".

Saw this done at a wedding once; hilarious.

James Pfann

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats!

"you can leave your hat on" - Joe Cocker.

A quick aside. If the families are easy going, try hiding a really racy thong/g-string in your sleeve to pull out and wave around instead of the garter. :D

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I'll have to think it over for a couple of days to come up with a recommendation. But I can tell you one thing for sure: Do not pick "Fat Bottom Girls" by Queen or the marraige will be over before it begins!

Howie A

Second Unit
Hey guys, thanks alot for all the suggestions so far.
I am going to have to listen to the ones you all
think might be good. I just wanted to add that I am willing
to try something out of the ordinary also.
It can be new, old or even funny.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Oh and Ken, I must say that has to be one of the best tips I got so far. ;)

Thanks again.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I'd suggest some burlesque-type stripping music. I can't be specific with titles or artists, though...

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
In the early 60s there was an instrumental song called The Stripper by David Rose. It would be a very funny song to use. I'm not sure you can find a copy of this song, since it is 40 years old.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
How about "Hey Big Spender" or "Cell Block Tango" from the Chicago soundtrack.

Or you could always go with "I Like Big Butts" (don't know the name of the song)

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Luis, that would be "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mixalot. Or you could always go with "Put 'em on the Glass" too, I suppose.

I'm so ashamed for knowing this...

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i've always felt that "fever" by peggy lee (?) fits that type of atmosphere. it's classy, but still seductive.

"so alive" by love and rockets would be another song with a similar vibe...

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
As someone who bartended for weddings for 3 years, I appreciate your attempt at originality. Of course over 3 years, anything would get old, but that "stripper" song or similar burlesque-type music just seems to so old and unoriginal to me. Too bad I didn't always pay attention to things like this, and can't remember anything specific I saw done that I liked. Oh wait...
I saw this done once, but with a pair of old lady white granny-panties. Hilarious!

It's your day, Howie, no reason you have to do things done like you've seen them done before. Make it special, unique.

Chris

Edit...just thought of something...at one wedding I did, the bride and groom got married as the result of an unplanned pregnancy. this was a fairly well-known act to guests, as was explained to me later. So for the Father-daughter dance, the DJ played, unbeknownst to the bride (and I don't know the name or artist) the slow ballad that begins "Call me...irresponsible..." Hey, at least the family had a sense of humor about it.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
"Light my fire" - The Doors. Got that nice little cheerful organ solo too. :)

"Foxy lady" - Jimi Hendrix

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks