What's new

Something for the car buffs (1 Viewer)

Scott "E"

Second Unit
I thought some of you guys might get a kick out of this video, and hey, if you're not into cars and have always wondered what 30 psi sounds like, have a look :).

Cam S

Screenwriter
Dam those things can be tuned to go fast. On DTMPower.net (BMW forum) a guy posted a few videos of a highly turboed M3 that was spanking F360's, Diablo's, 911 TT's, and an F355, it was pretty crazy. In one of the videos they got up to 309km/h, or 192mph!!!!!

Cam S

Screenwriter
Guys, if you love Ferrari's, and who doesn't, then check these out!!!! The car is worth 3 million, and only 3 are in existance, the sound is incredible. Go here for a big write up on the car and the dailky track event. The videos are at the very bottom, enjoy :D

Also, any of you guys seen the Getaway in Stockholm videos? The new one with the NSX is really sweet.

Cam S

Screenwriter
that eclipse was pretty slow
The Eclispe wasn't racing him, they were doing doing a video for acceleration.

That 240z owned by a guy name Darius is pretty crazy. It's an supercharged LS1 V8 that's making a but load of power. It was keeping up with that bike no problem!

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Damn! that 240 is fast. Many people are now putting American power plants into the 240/280's and 1st gen/2nd gen RX-7's. Light weight, lots of HP and a near 50/50 weight distribution make them great cars. This is something I plan on doing within the next few years. Just haven't chosen a chassis yet. I'm partial to the 2nd Gen RX-7's.

Cam S

Screenwriter
We had a NASTY accident a few years ago on the hwy in Kelowna. A 280z with a 350v8 in it was speeding, crossed the line, and slammed into an oncoming car. The 280z was going so fast the impact tore the engine out and it flew several hundred feet down the road. Pretty bad stuff, you gotta know how to handle that kinda power!

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I am into Fieros, and the "killer mod" is an LS1 V8 and various other V8 swaps. Some guy has a twin turbo V8 in the back and can run the quarter mile in 9.8 seconds. :eek: He scanned the track slip to prove it.

I've only got a 3800SC in the back of my Fiero. It's faster than most cars on the road, but I'd still get spanked by the faster cars or any reasonably light car with a big V8. Eventually, I want a twin turbo V8 in a Fiero. They're nearly untouchable.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
How in the heck can you wedge a V8 into a Fiero? When you are done, how do you change the spark plugs, or do you just put in platinum plugs and hope they out last the engine?

Jeff_Krueger

Stunt Coordinator
supposedly there is quite a bit of room in the fiero engine compartment, really it would be no smaller than any FWD engine compartment but since it is in the back there is no steering gear or brake systems to get in the way. I'm also paritial to Fieros and would love to do any one of a few different powertrain combos. For light weight high reving power how about a quad4 with turbo. That combo would be lighter than any of the stock fiero powertrains and can be built for some hefty power. There is also the 3800 engine SC or NA with five speed of course. Another one is to put a Cadilac Northstar engine in and if you want twin-turbo it. Only problem is since I've never had a Fiero or driven one I hope I'm not too tall (6'3"), becuase when I have the resources to do a project car I really want a Fiero.

By the way that Z in the posted video above has an LT1 engine in it, not an LS1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks