What's new

Some Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
I'm running out of new artists to try out! I need some help deciding which bands I should listen to since my iTunes library is pretty small (about 30-40 songs).

My main genre is hard rock but my interests can range anywhere from Rock, classic rock, and some 'softer' metal (Disturbed is the 'hardest' I've ever really liked)

Some bands I currently like:

Nickelback, Creed, Staind, Korn, Disturbed, Fuel, Papa Roach, Linkin' Park, and 3 Doors Down.

Anyone know similar bands, or any bands they think are worth listening to?

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I'm more of a classic rock person, but I have really been into The White Stripes lately. They aren't new, but they are pretty good. They seem to explore a lot of musical styles but remain guitar based, which I like a lot.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
"Denial Twist" and "Seven Nation Army" are good from them.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I have no new artists to offer but once in a while you sort of miss some good music and don't find out about it immediately. So just in case:

White Stripes are new to me, and I'm loving their music.

Don't know if this is hard enough for you, but Incubus is another group I'm liking these days.

System of a Down...If you haven't listened to them maybe worth a listen. Weird at times, but pretty damn good stuff.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Open up your aperture, try:

Porcupine Tree
Indigenous
The Black Keys
Arcade Fire

For the classics:

Black Sabbath
Rush
Blue Oyster Cult
Hendrix
Ted Nugent
The Clash
The New York Dolls
The Ramones
The Who

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Spock's Beard. Any of their albums from before Neal Morse quit (The Light, Beware of Darkness, Kindness of Strangers, and V are all good places to start).

Bobby,

Go to http://www.pandora.com/ and create a station using the above artists. Pandora will play music from them as well as music that shares the same characteristics. That will lead to discovering new music.

Taste in music is such a personal thing, it's very hard to recommend music. There's stuff I should love based on other bands that I love, but for some reason or another I don't.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Although, your tastes are much more mainstream than mine, I think I have one choice that you may like.

Clutch is one of my favorite bands of all time. They've been around for about 15 years, and they were originally a hardcore band, but they've morphed in to a hard-rocking blues band. Their latest album "From Beale Street to Oblivion" is one of the greatest new albums that I've heard in a long time. The first single of the album is called "Electric Worry" and I'm sure you can find somewhere to check that track out for free. If you like that track, you'll like the rest.

Here's a link to the video on Youtube.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
I liked that song a bit too, not my favorite but something I'd enjoy listening to every once in a while.

Thanks, Brian, for the link to Pandora. I was looking for a site like that.

Chris, some of those bands I like, and a few I don't.

Carl, I was wondering who sung "Drive". Incubus is a good band. SOAD got old about a year ago, but I did used to like Hypnotise and Sad Statue.

Thanks for your guys suggestions! :)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

I'm glad that you liked it. I've managed to turn several co-workers and friends on to them. My instructions are to spread the gospel of Clutch!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks