What's new

Some reciver questions. (1 Viewer)

Ryan-Stone

Stunt Coordinator
I need some help with my reciver. its a new kenwood. I cant get the DTS or Dolby Digital indicator lights to come on. what mode do i have to be in for them to come on. also why does the loudness, bassboost, and tone controls only work in stereo mode. last question, should i plug my DVD player into the video 1,2,3 inputs, or the DVD 6ch input. thanks.

David Harris

Stunt Coordinator
I think if you use the 6 channel inputs the receiver no longer decodes...the player does the work, also i have
noticed many dvd's dont bring up dts, but i read in another thread that it is because the dvd's aren't flagged correctly
but that is just hear say...maybe someone will elaborate..
good luck 73...

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
On my Marantz DVD player, I had the same problem at first. I needed to make sure the PCM setting was correct. Once that change was made, I was good to go. See what the manual says about it, or play around with this setting on your DVD player.

If your Receiver has an "auto" setting, you might want to try this DSP mode for a bit. It's been my experience that most AVRs that have this setting will automatically recognize and decode DD, DTS, and Stereo (CD) recordings.

As for the tone controls and bass boost... I'd leave them off until you figure out what that room and equipment are capable of as well as what your preference are.

Good Luck,
--Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks