What's new

Solaris (2002) on Blu-ray ? (1 Viewer)

John L

Grip
Real Name
John
Will this title ever see the light of day ? It's a brilliant interpretation of Tarkovsky's Solaris by Soderbergh and really deserves a solid Blu-ray release perhaps in an extended cut.
A very underrated film in my view.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Yeah a bluray release of theatrical and extended.

Watching the DVD with upscale 1080p a nice sentimental film cool Dolby sound mix with clear dialogue that drives the story.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
At the least, you can stream the HD version on the different online services - I did the disc to digital upgrade with my DVD on Vudu. It's not as cool as a Blu-ray but at least it's available in HD in some form.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I'd love to see this get a blu too...as well as Kafka a great early Soderbergh film that I had heard rumors was a possible future Criterion release...although those rumors are now covered in cobwebs they have been around so long.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I want Criterion to release a nice special edition of this version also.... but like Reggie noted seems like no talk about the title in a long time. I would love to see some of the deleted or even alternate scenes / audio. I know Soderbergh temp tracked a sequence with Venus in Furs by Velvey Underground probably can't get the rights to that but they can tell us when to start playing the music I think that sequence was originally longer, so I'd imagine that as a deleted scene only.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks