What's new

So You Think You Can Dance - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Hanson. For once I am glad to say you were wrong.

Contrats to Lauren definitely deserved the win over them all as the best dancer and not just fan favorite.

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, very surprised. Finally a finale that worked out the right way. Lauren totally deserved to win. She showed more growth over a season than any other dancer probably in the history of the show. Good for her. She'll have no problems finding work as a professional dancer.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Knocked a lot of theories about how the voting goes (guys win because it's tween girls doing the voting) out of the water.

The bad news is I had the results spoiled for me because I sat down to peruse my RSS feeds for the day when I got in before watching my recording of the show. The good news is the headline only revealed the winner's last name, and since I didn't know anyone's last name, and since they never mentioned a last name (that I caught) on the show, I still didn't know who won until I saw it.

The right person won. I think Kent has some skills, but Lauren is the "better" dancer. She's also hugely easier to listen to. Still a young girl, mind you, but when Kent is the competition, she may as well be Maya Angelou.

I was hoping Nigel would invite Alex back to the top 10/11 next season without going through the audition process. I'm not sure that makes the best business sense, but I was still hoping for it. Take 10 people who earned it, and add Alex as the 11th.

I agree with the judges that Comfort has grown as a dancer. When she was announced as an all-star, I didn't immediately think "absolutely". I mean, she's always had hip-hop skills, but she didn't wow me in her season (even though she wasn't a "street" dancer and had training in other disciplines). She seems much stronger now. I think being on the show and doing reasonably well gives the dancers a certain confirmation that makes them go from, "This is what I want to do," to, "This is what I do."

I'm glad Nigel didn't dance this year. He's not very good and it just feels indulgent. He's no Sandman Sims. If a dancer who was really good came and danced in advanced years, I might be interested in that (I'd watch Barysnikov even now), but Nigel isn't in that category.

I finally got to see the winner from last season, so that was nice. I still haven't watched that season yet. He has some skills, but without seeing the rest of the competition, it's surprising he won.

All the Bollywood performances this season were underwhelming for me. I felt it was done much better in a previous season. Maybe the first season it was danced. Season 4? 5? I can't remember. What I know is that Kent can't pull it off, and really, neither can most of the rest.

Anyway, congrats Lauren.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson

Originally Posted by Parker Clack 

I finally got to see the winner from last season, so that was nice. I still haven't watched that season yet. He has some skills, but without seeing the rest of the competition, it's surprising he won.
Yeah... that  just ruined the season for me.  Russell is easily the worst winner in the show's history -- I have no idea why Nigel had such a hard on for him.  He beat Kathryn?  Wha?????  Crazy.  The voters were just insane last season.

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Plus the fact that Kathryn was invited back as an all-star validates to me the notion that she is a better dancer. Hell, they brought back freaking Ade and Twitch, but not Russell? Out of all the seasons I've watched, last season was the most crushingly disappointing one. Kathryn was flat out ROBBED.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Very nice moment for Lauren. Especially liked the baptism by Gatorade. It's always nice when the person you're rooting for actually gets it. Hasn't happened since Jeanine Mason.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I didn't notice the mini-Gatorade shower until the second time when I rewatched it with my wife. The first time, she was drenched all of a sudden. The look on her face during the credits was priceless.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
"In addition to being crowned as "America's Favorite Dancer" and pocketing a $250,000 cash prize, Froderman will get the added honor of being featured as Gatorade's first dance athlete in Gatorade's G Series advertising campaign this fall and will also appear on the cover of Dance Spirit magazine."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-20013600-10391698.html

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
Way to go, Lauren!

I hate being a hater, but what a lousy ending. Robert got the opportunity for a nice goodbye speech, Lauren was given a chance, but didn't seem to have anything prepared, and poor Kent was given no face time for coming in second. I also would have loved to hear some judges reactions to the results. But it was just, "The winner is Lauren... GOOD NIGHT!" I wanted more!

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
One of the best female dancers ever on the show, especially considering she is only 18; she has a good personality and seems like a genuinely-nice girl.

This is probably the best "win" out of any season of the American Idol or SYTYCD (US Edition).

Also, this finale was terrific: virtually all of my favourite routines from the season, the musical guest was actually good, the fluff pieces were kept to a minimum, and there was no false drama with the big reveal of the winner.

Cat Deeley should win the Emmy for best reality host. It's criminal that she isn't even nominated. As an aside, if you ever want to see Cat swear on TV, here's your chance.

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, I kind of felt dirty watching Cat swear like that.

From that EW interview, I have to say Kent was a total punk for pouring water on Lauren for no reason and triggering the food fight in their apartment. Glad he lost.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Courtney got no encored performances last night.

Neil is a beast on the dance floor. I always LOL when he gets to put his bare foot on Kent's face at the end of their "BFF No More" dance number.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Did Kathryn?

Courtney got no encored performances last night.

That was definitely scary, but the audience deserved it. Krikey.

Wow, I kind of felt dirty watching Cat swear like that.

Yeah, talk about contenders being ROBBED!

Cat Deeley should win the Emmy for best reality host. It's criminal that she isn't even nominated.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Cat has been annoying me for the past three seasons. I used to like her, but she's doing this cloying custesy pie schitck that makes me roll my eyes all the time. Those scrunchy faces she makes almost incessantly reminds me of the Monty Python "Twit of the Year" skit.

I'm pretty sure this opinion will not go over well here

I was constantly impressed by Lauren's personality -- she seemed to have a good sense of humor and wasn't a boring person. I think one of the reasons Chelsie didn't make it to the finals in season 4 was that Courtney had a cute personality while Chelsie seemed immature and bitchy. But I still love Chelsie -- Mark & Chelsie got robbed by Courtney and Twitch.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I've noticed Cat's schtick too. She needs to invite the "shut the f*** up" back in. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks