What's new

So who is ready for "The Flunky vs. The Junkie"? (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I know there are several Stern fans here. So who here is excited to listen to the fight today? I know I am. I am rooting for Cabbie to kick Stuttering John's ass. Remember, they are also going to show the fight tonight on the E! show.

-Dean-

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
I am. I hope Crazy Cabbie knocks the stutter out of Stuttering John. Stuttering John deserved to be slapped by A.J. Benza too. F John.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I was listening to the live feed here on our radio station in Las Vegas just now and they cut it out to do the rebroadcast right before they announced who won the third round. :frowning:
If only my mom would let me miss school, I could listen to the rebroadcast. :D Events like these only happen, what? Once a year? :)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I turned off the radio halfway through the first round, I want to see it on E! without knowing the outcome. So I guess I'm not reading the rest of this thread, either. :)

Matt Krapf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
I just watched it on E!

I really think John was cheating through the ENTIRE fight.
Every time he got within 3 feet of Cabbie, he locked his left hand behind Cabbie's neck and wrapped him up.

The ref should have been breaking that up.
The ref should have been warning John, not Cabbie.
The ref should have docked points from John.

John should have...and WOULD have lost that fight, but was saved by his cheating.

My $.02

Ken Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
Just goes to show that everyone sees things different. To me it was Cabbie that should have had points taken away. He was leaning all over John and sticking his forearm in his neck and bending it back. That is not how you fight. Sure John was hooking his left behind his neck but Cabbie was laying all over him the whole fight. By punch stats alone, John won the fight on clean shots. It was better than I thought it would be. And that's my cent and a half.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Anyone know if E is rebroadcasting this show? I messed up and missed it.

Gary_E

Second Unit
The fight was a lot closer after watching it on E! then it sounded listening to it on the radio. John hit with more light punches but cabbie's hits were monsters. I think cabbie got robbed but then again I hate that stuttering prick.

MORPHEUS 4htfersonly.mp3.

57 min 26 sec. 40,414KB (96kbps@22hz)

-Gary

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
That was a fun fight! Cabbie kept trying to lay on John throughout the whole fight. If he would have just punched the whole time he would have won. John's punches didn't look even half as hard as Cabbie's. I'm not really fond of either...so I didn't care who won. I just wanted to see them get smashed up...oh...and the ring card girls. :emoji_thumbsup:

Raine Linton

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for posting who won the fight!, I've been trying to find out since Friday since our station cuts out only to rebroadcast. I didn't care who won, these guys just needed to pummel each other. Did anyone get knocked down? I don't have cable and I was only able to hear the first two rounds.
Any blood?? rematch smack? or did they just shake hands in the end.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Raine - No knock downs. When Cabbie would go in for a punch he'd go in like a locomotive and just lay on John. He kept pushing John into the ropes and laying on him. It looked more like a wrestling match than a boxing match.
But once Cabbie was finally able to get his act together and start laying some good punches on John, John's nose began to bleed. That was the only blood.
In the end Cabbie didn't want to congratulate John, but changed his mind saying he was being a bad sport and they even ended up hugging. I saw a genuine smile on John's face during the hug, so I really can't tell how much of the hatred between the two was for real. But the way they were going at it, it really looked like they wanted to kill each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks