What's new

So which version of Lord Of The Rings will you be purchasing? (1 Viewer)

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I'll be buying the 2 disk and the 5 disk releases. It sounds like NL is really going all out for these DVD's.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I am not buying ANY of them. Why isn't that a choice?
Yeah Bill J probably thinks the rest of us are under some kind of mass delusion for liking this movie, yeah whatever, the question is why would any one post that in a thread where people are choosing which version of LOTR to purchase?
Ya don't like FOTR Bill, point taken, well done.:)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Thanks SOOOO much for contributing to the discussion. If you didn't like the movie then fine, you have the right to your opinion. Please take that opinion to another thread and don't fart in this one.
Guys, that was NOT my intent and I am offended by those comments. I thought that this was one was one of those polls where all members need to respond. So I made a mistake, why is it still worth discussing?

And I do NOT think that you guys are crazy for being excited over a DVD release for a film that you love because I know how it feels.

MatthewG

Auditioning
Both 2-disc and 4-disc versions. I'd like to wait and only get the 4-disc, but I don't think I'll last that long.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
>>Guys, that was NOT my intent and I am offended by those comments. I thought that this was one was one of those polls where all members need to respond.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
The two disc in August and teh four disc or five disc in november, I dont'really care to have tehnational geogrphic dvd, so it depends on the price difference and which packaging I like better. :)
Adam

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
If that's true then I take back my post. However, aren't those poll threads usually titled "All members please respond...". It seemed pretty obvious to me that this thread was aimed at LOTR fans. I'm surprised that you were confused.
I thought that this was an all members poll because it is in the SOFTWARE section and all of the polls I have seen in this section have been all member polls. My confusion is obvious because in my original post, I asked "I am not buying any of them. Why isn't that a choice?" and I did not criticize LOTR and did not try to offend anyone who liked the film. I honestly have no idea how you guys could make those comments after it was pretty obvious that I was confused.

Also, notice that Neil did not say that this was a LOTR fan only thread.

DanNZ

Auditioning
DEFINATELY both the August 2 disc AND the November 4 disc versions. Maybe the 5 disc collecters set too. Even waiting for August is going to be murder. I want it all, I NEED IT ALL!!!!

Dan

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
All you people considering buying the 4-disc AND the 5-disc, remember, it's the SAME thing only with the National Geographic disc added, which you can buy separately.

-Tom

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Guys, the question can't get more simple than what I have stated. What version of Lord Of The Rings will you be buying? For those of you that for some reason or other don't like the film and won't be buying any version, that is fine. Take any sour comments to another thread or suffer the consequences.

Adrian_P

Stunt Coordinator
I am going to have to buy both. I don't think I can hold out long enough for the four disc set. Plus also I like having every cut of a movie available to me. For example sometimes I feel like watching the theatrical version of T2 then sometimes I feel like watching the director's cut.

Aaron Croft

Stunt Coordinator
2 disc and the 4 disc. I will give away the 2 disc to a freind if the 4 disc doesn't include the theatrical cut. BTW does anyone know if it does? Personally I DOUBT it will.
It is incredible to think that within the next 4 years I will be able to enjoy all of the 3-movie theatrical experience, as well as extra footage not suitable for J6P. THIS is the way to make movies my freinds. As epic as it gets, and with the DVD market in mind. Geroge Lucas take note.
AND.. I never even read the books (although I read countless fantasy/sci-fi novels when I was very young.) The first movie was so great I think I will have to wait to see book 2 before reading. My plan is to read FOTR just before the first DVD release :)
Then continue this practice for 2 more years :)
-Aaron

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Looks like the parameters of this poll have changed...earlier on, there was no "Both 2 disk and 5 disk version" option available. As a result, I initially voted "Both 2 disk and 4 disk version".
I would like to rescind my initial vote and recast for the final option. I know, I know...terribly anal. But I have no qualms in broadcasting my fanaticism for this religion (what?...er, I mean discipline. Certainly no talk about religion on this board from me ;)).
Also, The quote from the digital bits mentions a different version of the film in each set, does that mean the 5 disk will have an even longer cut than the 3.5 hour 4 disk version? Perhaps a 4 hour cut? Man, when does this madness end?
Can anyone confirm this? And to answer your question, Neil...I hope, never.
P.S. I believe some people are driven to make their impressions (aka, thread fart, marking territory, etc.) felt, despite the inappropriate placement. Somehow, these folks are not content in letting others feel celebratory. There's a german word for this phenomenon - Schadenfreude, which loosely means taking delight in others failure. In this case, triggering chaos to dampen the enthusiasm.
Don't believe the pc meanderings...this thread title is explicity clear. Anyone who sincerely claims to have misunderstood the intent of this thread has the attention span of an idiot. Or they're lying.
Not too sorry for the rant...I'm just sick of seeing a peace offerring of 'feigned ignorance', as if that's acceptable salve for the wound.

Mikah Woodward

Stunt Coordinator
If the first 4 discs of the 5 disc version are the same as the 4-disc version, then I'll be picking up the 2 and 5 disc versions.

If not, well I'll just have to compare specs and find out which is better, 4 or 5 disc. I'll definitely pick up the 2 disc version, though. I can't wait until November to get my LotR fix.

YANG

Screenwriter
No matter which version it may be...WIDESCREEN PRESENTATION IS A MUST!!!...FOR ME!!!

RickardL

Supporting Actor
I'm going for the 4 Disc Extended version but I think

that will be the R2 UK one since that has been announced

with 6.1 ES DTS!!!

Very interesting since the press release did not mention

DTS for the 2 disc version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks