What's new

So which version of Lord Of The Rings will you be purchasing? (1 Viewer)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Yeah, so we know who should face the firing squad ;)
I'll be buying the August edition, as well as the gift set in November.

Mark Klaus

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't seen the film yet. I'll buy the 2 disc, and if I'm crazy about it, pick up the four disc as well.

MichaelG

Second Unit
unless the specs change, it looks like a theatrical version will not be included on the 5 disk version
What about the 4-disc version coming in November? Will that have the theatrical version? I can wait until Nov or later for the 5-disc version, but I would really like to have the theatrical version included

Raul_H

Grip
I'll be purchasing the 2-Disc set come August to obtain a copy of the theatrical version of the film.

Then I will purchase the Collectors Gift set come November to obtain the Directors cut of the film, the National Geographic special, and all the other neat goodies that come along with it.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Actually, I haven't seen it yet, but I will pick up the 2-disc set sight unseen. If I really love it, I'll get the 4-disc set after.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
I'll be setting up an interest-bearing account exclusively for the purchase of ALL of the editions...1, 2, 4, 5, 6,...

...and the final, super-duper edition which contains the VH1 Behind the Scenes expose of Elijah Wood and his fall from grace in the once-venerated role as THE hobbit to an extra role as a munchkin in The Wizard of Oz Redux: The Poppies Aren't So Pretty Anymore.

One can't help but love Peter Jackson's respect and dedication to Tolkien lore and his legions.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
They GOTTA include the footage of Elijah Wood helping the Osbournes clean dog pee off of Sharon's sofa! :D

James Miller

Stunt Coordinator
in order of preference:

5 disc set IF it contains both versions

OR

2 disc theatrical presentation

OR

4 disc extended if, after the review come in, it is an improvement...

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I'm going to buy the 5-disc...

Whether or not I buy the 2-disc depends on whether or not the extras from the 2-disc are on the 5-disc. If they are, I am not that concerned about the theatrical cut. I want all the extras. If they do not repeat the 2-disc extras on the 5 disc, I guess I'll be getting both.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
You people who haven't seen this movie or "don't care about the hype"....haven't you ever heard of a movie theater :D???
Anyways, I'm getting the 4-disc set in November...the rip that I have will tide me through the waiting from August to November :D.
-Tom

SeanMc

Agent
how about a 5th option where you buy the august and the 5 disc?i for one have loved these books and movies all my life starting with the animated ones...i am soo glad the big screen release held up to all expectations these dvds will rule them all

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I am the first vote for the 5th choice. Yay, me!!!
Take care,
Chuck
P.S. I love maxed out sets, and I love LOTR, and I think a special Alan Lee cover is my cup of tea. Maybe John Howe can do TTT;) The 2 disc for the theatrical cut (and to tide over for two months), and the 5 disc for everything else. Thanks for making that a choice:D

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for adding the last option. Everyone pretend there is one less vote in 1&2 and one more in 1&4.

I'm getting the super-special seven disc set. After all it was Best Picture....

(2 discs + 5 discs)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks