1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

So What Did Amazon Do to Piss Off Disney This Time?

Discussion in 'Streaming and Digital Media' started by Ronald Epstein, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
  2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Yeah, nothing really knew that we weren't already aware of.

3. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Director
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Nevertheless, it's infuriating. I have an AppleTV 4K, but I also have a FireStick 4K in order to operate my Fire Recast OTA DVR, and if I have a bunch of stuff on the Recast's DVR, I find I don't even make it to the Apple4K on a daily basis.

Adam Gregorich and Brian L like this.
  4. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Welcome to the world of walled gardens.

MatthewA likes this.
  5. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Childish attitude and not thought out. Doesn't really matter to me as I have both multiple Amazon and Roku devices and not interested in another streaming service (already have Netflix and Amazon Prime, although I don't use tons of the Prime available videos - mainly for buying other things and it is just a bonus). I also buy much less than I used to and it doesn't bother me if I buy a couple of more/year. There are tons of ads I see already about free TV for streaming (and I'm sure there is a decent percentage of ones that are not legit that studios would like to see shut down) and I expect this won't lead to those decreasing.

6. Brian L

Brian L Producer

Same here.

I am new to FireTV and Recast, but threw down because of the Nexstar/D* shitshow that has caused me to lose access to my local CBS and Fox affiliate. This was our first foray into potentially cord cutting, and thus far we like it.

Although we have ATV, it is rarely used, as we find that we prefer the FireTV (as an Apple fan boy, I can’t believe I am actually saying that), and I was expecting to add Disney+ to the FireTV.

Just another stupid hoop to jump through to access entertainment.

Matt Hough likes this.
  7. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Wow, Brian, I think you and I are almost complete opposites. I am a non-Apple guy, but Apple TV is my preferred streaming device. I am a big time Amazon customer, yet my other streaming platform is Roku - - I don't own a single Amazon Fire device (we have quite a few Echo devices, though).

Unfortunately, with the current state of streaming, having a couple of different types of devices is probably a good idea.

Sam Posten and Brian L like this.
  8. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Your guys' heads would explode if you had to deal with console gaming exclusives.

Eric Meske likes this.
  9. Chip_HT

Chip_HT Second Unit

Chip
    After having purchased two Fire TV devices, I'm switching to Roku or something else for any future streaming devices. Amazon blocks too many apps.

10. holtge

holtge Screenwriter

Gordon Holt
    I got a Roku device earlier this summer and have been quite pleased with it thus far. The only thing I haven't done yet is cancel my DirecTV account and set up Hulu Plus Live TV to get away from all of the "retransmission fights" that seem to occur on a monthly (if not weekly) basis. I feel for anyone who can't watch what they want just because two companies can't seem to play nice with each other. Didn't we solve the problem of bullies on the playground in elementary school a long time ago?