What's new

So, is there going to be a NEW mario for the advance? (1 Viewer)

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
So, if i am not mistaken, at this point, all of the mario games have been ported to the advance from their super NES versions. What suprises me is, there hasn't been any talk yet of a totally new mario game designed from the ground up for the advance. (It is more powerful than the super nes, which is why i say that). What would you like, or hope to see, if such a game is made? Would be interesting to see a new side scroller with mario, eh? any thoughts on this? take care.:)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Nope. They didn't even bother to port Super Mario 3 for NES, yet.

AFAIK, they're developing multiple GameCube Mario/Zelda games at once (maybe even other popular series) to shorten the amount of time between each sequel. They might make a GBA multiplayer game with Mario.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Well, eventually they're probably going to run out of games to port, so I'd assume that there will be at least one. Since I played all of em the first time around (and still have my NES and SNES copies), I really haven't cared that much about the ports, but I'd be all over a new game. The true sequel to Super Mario World maybe?

AFAIK, they're developing multiple GameCube Mario/Zelda games at once (maybe even other popular series) to shorten the amount of time between each sequel
Like maybe another Metroid game? (Just finished prime, and I want more!)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Dunno about Metroid. I remember specifically seeing Zelda and Mario mentioned in an interview with Shiggy.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
They seem pretty content to recycle old games, I'm pretty dissapointed with Nintendo's effort on the GBA so far.

They ought to have released a new Mario by now....I guess they're too busy adding a token multiplayer mode to Zelda 3.

Barry Woodward

Second Unit
According to some recent rumors here are the Mario games that are planned in the future:

Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Advance 5: Super Mario Bros. + The Lost Levels
Super Mario Advance 6: Super Mario Land + Super Mario Land 2: The Six Golden Coins
Super Mario Advance 7: Super Mario RPG
Super Mario Advance 8: Paper Mario
Yoshi's Story (Mario related)

Here are the three rumored Metroid games:

Metroid Advance: Metroid + Metroid 2: Return of Samus
Metroid Advance 2: Super Metroid
Metroid Apocalypse

Damien

Supporting Actor
i heard that the next one will be a port of the N64 game, yoshi's story or whatever that was.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Yoshi's Island is Super Mario Advance 4 for GBA. It's a port of a SNES game. Yoshi's Story is the N64 sequel but it hasn't been announced yet.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
They really should just do a Mario compilation disc for the GameCube. I understand why they're releasing the Mario games separately for the GBA (graphical improvements, changing the gameplay a little bit, plus adding the multiplayer stuff) but a GameCube disc of Mario 1, 2, 3, World, RPG, 64, plus Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Story, and Paper Mario would be relatively easy to do.

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
just thought of this since the original game was where mario started.. anyone think the donkey kong country games will be ported to the advance?

Barry Woodward

Second Unit
They really should just do a Mario compilation disc for the GameCube. I understand why they're releasing the Mario games separately for the GBA (graphical improvements, changing the gameplay a little bit, plus adding the multiplayer stuff) but a GameCube disc of Mario 1, 2, 3, World, RPG, 64, plus Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Story, and Paper Mario would be relatively easy to do.
Nintendo has two options right now: release each Mario game individually on the Gameboy Advance and charge $30 a piece for them or offer them all on the Gamecube for $50. If you were out to make money which option would you choose?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The former then the latter.

anyone think the donkey kong country games will be ported to the advance?
Rare made the games, so I think Nintendo would have to get their permission and give them money from revenues from the games if they did port them, but Nintendo is able to make more DK games if they so desire (which they are for GameCube).

Ryan FB

Second Unit
On page 18, in the section about the Memory Card, they have screenshots of the memory card screen, with a Super Mario 64 logo, and the description saying "Super Mario Bros."
which is the source of some of the rumors. You can actually view the page in question here, on Nintendo's own site.
Or maybe Nintendo's just a big tease ;).

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It's also got pictures of Link's shield on the memory card. Hmmm....interesting....

Though they could just be mock-ups since they might not have had any first party games done at that moment.

Barry Woodward

Second Unit
I find this one a little hard to believe...isn't this pretty much exactly what SMB Deluxe was for the GBC?
Just like every other Super Mario Advance game there will be improvements and changes. According to the rumors, Super Mario Advance 5 will have the levels from the original Super Mario Bros. and the Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels with updated graphics and a save feature combined along with new enemies, power-ups and levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks