Need suggestions for GBA game for 8-year-old...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ian C, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Ian C

Ian C Stunt Coordinator

Okay, so my son is going on a trip with his grandparents for a few days, and there will be an 8-hour ride in the car each way. I need a suggestion for a new GBA to get him, so as he doesn't drive them nuts.

Obviously, it cannot be overly complex, though he can read and all that good stuff. I also don't want it to be too simple. Any of the Pokemon or Yugioh games any good? He's asked about those before. How about a platformer? He has a couple of the Mario Advance games already (first two I think), so something different from that. Would the new Mario and Luigi RPG be too complicated? He's played Zelda and Final Fantasy games and liked those, though I don't think he really knew what he was doing the entire time.

Any good suggestions...or perhaps a couple bargain-bin games that are good?

Thanks in advance,
    Bo.

2. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

I'd recommend Mario Kart, Klonoa, Pokemon Pinball, or Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire. Another great game for car trips is Ultimate Brain Games, it includes Chess, Checkers, Backgammon, Dominoes, Battleship, Connect Four, Othello, and Mahjong.

3. Ian C

Ian C Stunt Coordinator

Well, we just got back from Best Buy. I got him Namco Museum and Mario Advance 4. He asked about Pokemon Pinball, but they were out of that. I didn't know there was a Klonoa GBA game. I know he loved the previous Klonoas. I would have gotten him that if I had seen it...Oh well.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Ian C.