What's new

So how is the new season of Family Guy? (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am a huge fan of Family Guy, thanks
to the DVD sets that introduced me to
it all.

Been wanting to catch the new season on
Fox, but just never got around to watching.

It doesn't help that I heard some awful
reviews about the first few episodes. From
what I read and heard, the shows were more
like unfunny rejects that never made the first
three seasons.

Has the show gotten any better? Is it time
for me to rev up my Tivo and start taping?

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Ron;

The new season is definitely on par with the older ones. I have always been a fan of Family Guy and I don't think there is anything like "unfunny rejects" in the new season.

If you are a fan, then it is definitely worth recording.

You might want to also record American Dad that comes on after it. It's humor is very similar. Some would say too similar, but if you like that type, then it's all good. :)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
For a second opinion Ron, I think that it's not quite as good as the last 3 seasons but is instead showing the natural 4th season slums that any normal show would. Still hilarious. All the staples of the show are still there (the quick cutaways, the pop culture references only 4 people watching get) and it's still hilarious. It's just that while seasons 2 and 3 seemed to have a 90% joke success factor, the new ones have dropped to about 85% to 80%. Still definitely worth your time and money. But the 4 episodes we've seen so far have not been the show at it's utmost peak.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
There's an existing thread somewhere that has weekly reactions to these new episodes.

Most of us seem to be enjoying them. :)

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit

Even though, as pointed out by the writers of the show, that most of the shows shown so far are unused/leftover scripts from the 3rd season?

I think they haven't missed a beat in their return.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Here's the existing thread Ron...As always, a variety of opinions. I haven't caught more than the first episode. It was a mix of very funny stuff and some not as inspired stuff...

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I've only seen the first episode, which CN was repeating. I felt it suffered by filler. Yes, I know you are recreating scenes from Blues Brothers and North By Northwest. It isn't terribly funny, and eats time. Really, the only joke I laughed at was the "Two and a Half Men" joke.

Course, I'm not much of a Family Guy fan, so my opinion might not matter to you.

Jason

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
It's like the show never left the air. Watch it - if you liked the DVD boxed sets, you'll enjoy what you see with season 4.

Moe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks