What's new

Snow White gone? (1 Viewer)

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but has Disney's Snow White gone OOP? When did that happen? Where can I get a copy?

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
One of those titles that goes on a cycled OOP status. Was done being pressed early this year-- can be found on store shelves in some areas.

I got a copy from Best Buy 2 months ago- might look there.'

-V

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
OK, thanks. I'll check the local stores ASAP, if I get no joy there, I guess I'll head on down to the HTF Sale/Trade forum... :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I was at a music store here in town called Turtles Music on Saturday, and they had over a dozen copies at that location! I pointed them out to my wife, stating that they will be "worth a fortune soon". :)
Turtles has 3 locations in Memphis, and is part of a regional chain. That chain is part of a company that has music stores under *many* store names. The company is called Link Removed...maybe you can click on that link and find a store in your area that has some!
Or you can use that link to locate the phone # for the Turtles in Memphis at Poplar Plaza...perhaps they can ship one to you! Good luck.
edit: Whoa! I just clicked my own link, and they've changed the site! Now "Turtles" is the primary company! Boy, these businesses never sit still, do they?

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
There were several left at my local Best Buy last week. Let me know if you have trouble finding a copy. Maybe I can help you out.

-Dean-

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I've still seen many copies in stores. Shouldn't be a problem finding one.

DanHaya

Second Unit
Shayne is correct...it's always been Disney practice to release their classic titles on video for a limited time, then put them back into the vault. They've been doing it for years with their VHS titles.

Show White and the Seven Dwarfs is a Platinum Series title...the first one in the series. It was always advertised that it would only be available for a limited time. I believe that this year's Platinium release is Beauty and the Beast. I do not know if it is out yet.

--Dan

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
David Lambert, I actually used to work for Kemp Mill music...they weren't owned by them at the time, though (this was six years ago), and that chain has all but disappeared, or maybe totally disappeared, from MD, due to competition from bigger stores like Best Buy.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I still see copies of this on store shelves from time to time. I got my copy rather recently at a FYE

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks