What's new

Sleeping Beauty SE? (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I read a thread a while ago that mentioned a possible SE of Disney's Sleeping Beauty. Any new info?

Lee Bombard

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee
I'd like to know what's up with this one as well.

Sure would like to buy it...

Regards,

Lee

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
SLEEPING BEAUTY was one of the many titles that was supposed to be released during the past two years for permanent release (as opposed to a moratorium title), and probably is coming soon. But it looks like all bets are off regarding continuing availability, as some of the supposed permanent titles (PINOCCHIO, TARZAN, etc) are being yanked now. But I wouldn't be surprised if SB turned up as a two-disc special edition, as many great materials were prepared for the 3-disc laser box some years ago. Personally, I'd be tickled pink if every damn title in their animation catalog was reeased as a special edition, even a single disc one, a la DUMBO.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Disney just recently had it restored (It's in extremely limited release in 70mm AND the original Technirama format in some theaters).
Scott MacQueen (head of Disney's film restoration department) has produced some great restorations such as Notorious and Rebecca. :emoji_thumbsup:

Richard Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Theres also a Sleeping Beauty Special Edition coming in March here in the UK.
Sleeping Beauty R2
I'm guessing that there will be a R1 announcement after it's finished the limited theatrical run that Patrick mentions.
Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks