What's new

Slayer - War at the Warfield DVD? (1 Viewer)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Slayer's homepage has listed this DVD since late last year as being released on Feb. 11th, but I have yet to find a single on-line store that has this title listed. Has anyone heard anything about this disc?

My only compaint is that it's an older show with Paul Bostaph still on drums. But that won't keep me from buying it.

Are there any other Slayer fans around here?

Here's the link that mentions the release.
http://www.americanrecordings.com/slayer/

TedT

Second Unit
Word up, yo! Slayer fan representin'!

Yeah, too bad Lombardo isn't on it. That's a shame because I haven't seen him play with Slayer since '86!!! I hear he's going to be with the band for the next album, so hopefully that means the next tour.

Antonio Silva

Stunt Coordinator
Finally a Slayer show on dvd. Actually, although i'm a big fan of Lombardo, i'm happy that Paul's on the dvd. He's a terrific drummer and, IMHO, a better drummer than Lombardo.

But that's my opinion. For the die-hard Slayer fans (myself included), Lombardo will always be Slayer's drummer. If Paul doesn't hook up with Slayer again, let's hope Lombardo stays with them this time...

Can't wait to watch "Angel Of Death" on dvd...Sweeeeet!!

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
He's a terrific drummer and, IMHO, a better drummer than Lombardo.
Then you are not a true Slayer fan :)

This DVD is definetelly coming on Feb.11 but I am dissapointed in the fact that it's Bostaph rather than Lombardo on drums. He is an integral part of the Slayer sound that got lost once he left ... but now we might have another record with him so hopefully they will steeer away from the nu-metal edge they had on the last couple of releases.

BTW: Shouldn't this thread be in the Music Area?

H

Hank

I also can't wait for this Slayer DVD. The last awesome music DVD I got was Overkill: Wrecking Everything. I want to turn up Angel Of Death in full 5.1 sound.

Dave Lombardo will always be the best Slayer drummer!!!

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I havent heard the recent Slayer cds but i do love the older ones.

I am also a Testament fan who got to meet Lombardo on the Gathering tour here in Sacramento a couple years ago. He was playing with Testament for a short stint. Nice guy. He and the rest of the band signed my Gathering cd.

Cant wait to hear Slayer in 5.1 myself!!

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
I missed the first warfield show w/ Paul. Made it to the one with Lombardo.

I already have it on pre-order from the shop down the street. Hopefully, this show was better than the last one they played at the warfield. tom's voice was horrible and he put nothing into the show (this was right after his dad died).

Nevertheless, it's a must have...

Antonio Silva

Stunt Coordinator
also Lombardo rules.. he doesn't use triggers for his double bass like paul does....
Does that really matters? Triggers do not play by themselves. It's still the drummer that counts. Just ask Raymond Herrera or Pete Sandoval. :)

Anyway, Lombardo still rules...:D

By the way, all Lombardo fans can checkout the "Modern Drummer Festival 2000". Lombardo's on it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Drew Mertz

Stunt Coordinator
Does that really matters? Triggers do not play by themselves. It's still the drummer that counts. Just ask Raymond Herrera or Pete Sandoval.

Actually to slayer it does matter I from what I`ve been told thats the reason Rymond was never considerd for the position. The only drummer I`ve heard that was even close to joining the band was Kevin Talley (Dying Fetus/MOD/Misery-Index) Though the band felt he was still to young.

Still slayer rules no matter whos on the skins and there expected to be headlining this falls leg of the jaggermeister tour.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'm a Slayer fan from waaaaay back. . .I haven't really listened to them since Lombardo left though. Cool to hear that he's coming back!

I'm not much of a nu-metal fan, and I'm sorry to hear that Slayer's been heading in that direction. Last time I saw them was in '91 at Madison Square Garden with Anthrax and Megadeth. The opening act got booed off the stage: Alice In Chains! They didn't belong on that tour, but it was funny to see how popular they became shortly thereafter. :) The other funny thing about that show was that people were stage-diving off the upper level! (Not actually onto the stage; onto crowds of people walking along the walkway outside the tunnels.)

TedT

Second Unit

???? I hate "nu-metal", but have been a Slayer fan since "Show No Mercy" ('83?). The last album was the best album they've done since "Reign In Blood". You'll see when the DVD comes out and hear the newer songs! :)

Chat C

Agent
I'm counting the days for this DVD, I hope it does come out on the 11th and not the 25th as Amazon has it listed. Let's hope it's widescreen, 5.1 and has lots of extras!

Here's the track listing:

from theprp.com:

War At The Track Listing -
(12:14 PM MST 01/28/2003)
Slayer's forthcoming live DVD effort "War At The Warfield" has taken shape and will feature the following track listing:
01 - "Disciple"
02 - "War Ensemble"
03 - "Stain Of Mind"
04 - "New Faith"
05 - "Postmortem"
06 - "Raining Blood"
07 - "Hell Awaits"
08 - "Here Comes The Pain"
09 - "Die By The Sword"
10 - "Dittohead"
11 - "Bloodline"
12 - "God Send Death"
13 - "Dead Skin Mask"
14 - "Seasons In The Abyss"
15 - "Captor Of Sin"
16 - "Mandatory Suicide"
17 - "Chemical Warfare"
18 - "South Of Heaven"
19 - "Angel Of Death"
The outing is currently slated for a tentative February 11th release through American/Island/Def Jam and was captured a performance that took place at The Warfield in San Francisco, CA back on December 07th, 2001.

StevenA

Second Unit
I am also a Testament fan who got to meet Lombardo on the Gathering tour here in Sacramento a couple years ago. He was playing with Testament for a short stint. Nice guy. He and the rest of the band signed my Gathering cd.
The Gathering was such an amazing album, probably amongst my two or three favorite metal albums.

Pity there was no live video made (to my knowledge) with Lombardo playing with Testament.

Patrick_L

Second Unit
yes, Dave Lombardo is a God. :emoji_thumbsup:

this dvd sounds awesome even though Dave's not on it. i'm still searching for a copy of "The Ultimate Revenge" (Slayer, Venom and Exodus, circa 1985). anybody know where i can score a copy?

TedT

Second Unit

great video! I got a copy of the original on VHS, but it's been so long, I don't think the VHS tape is still intact or the quality would be any good at all. I hear it pops up on ebay from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.