What's new

skipping sound when using DTS...and I want to use it!!! (1 Viewer)

CalebC

Grip
I have never been able to use a full DTS track because every movie I have ever tried with it the track has a skip in the sound at least every 5 minutes or so. I don't know what the problem is. At first I thought it was my cheap Pioneer DVD player so I purchased a bit higher end player and it still skips (and it still pauses to change layers...I hate that).

Here is my system:
I use:
Panasonic Tau CT-36HX41 (HDTV)
Integra DPS-5.2 (DVD)
Integra DTR-5.1 (Receiver)
And Atlantic Technology A70 (I think) Speakers 5.1

Wondering if anyone can help me with this problem. Have I configured something wrong or is my receiever having problems? I really want to watch some movies in DTS...any suggestions?

Thank you for you help in advance,
Caleb Carlson

Baldemar Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
Caleb,

If you are running 'large' speakers, make sure you turn off "Re-EQ". dts + large fronts + re-eq + onkyo receiver = skipping. Try that.

Oh crap, I don't remember for sure which speaker size is the problem. Sorry.

Phil Mays

Second Unit
Onkyo is having problems with "sound drops". Integra is pratically the same as their common line (some say the same just packaged different). You should call Onkyo to see if your unit is one of the models that is effected.

I have an Onkyo TX-DS 797. I know they discontinued this model and a few others. The new model for mine is the TX-SR 800 that corrected the problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks