six feet under packaging messed up

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Doug Fisher, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Doug Fisher

Doug Fisher Auditioning

Anyone elses?
    Ive done some research and it sounds like when you take the lid off, the bottom part raises up allowing you to slip the package out..
    the top of mine is all unglued/half ass glued. Ill be returning it, but just wondered how it is supposed to be. thanks!

2. Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas Screenwriter

As you noted, the cardboard case holding the discs is supposed to lift out an angle when you open (with some effort) the top lid. This packaging is destined to fail at some point and seems much too flimsy. I found that it's easier to remove the discs' case and less stressful on the packaging if you simply turn it upside down, with the top lid facing down, and open it downward from the bottom. This allows the weight of the discs' case to help open the package, rather than having the flimsy lid lift the heavier case.

3. Doug Fisher

Doug Fisher Auditioning

I exchanged it for a new one today. Man, opening the lid I could hear something cracking or stressing. Got it out, and you are right, how many openings will this last, 5? I will leave the foldout booklet outside of this packaging. Its a good idea, but not well done.

4. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

I found that if I rather gingerly opened it the first time it worked.

You just have to be careful about "breaking it in". Be careful not to rip it.

Once you have it open the first time, it opens easier on subsequent tries.

5. Dean Kousoulas

Dean Kousoulas Second Unit

I like the packaging. As long as your gentle with it, I don't see how it won't destroy itself. The first time you open it, it does take some work and you kinda have to be careful not to rip it. I perfer this over the Sopranos packaging. Gotta like the "It's what we all live up to" quote when you take out the case inside.

Dean

6. Ron Kaye

Ron Kaye Agent

Full Screen? Ouch!

7. Kenneth Vestergaard

Kenneth Vestergaard Stunt Coordinator

Well, it's the OAR of the show?

Even though the show in itself would have benefited from a widescreen format. But then again, which new show wouldn't?

8. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

If you haven't allready noticed there is a mistake on the case aswell when you fold out the disc tray it shows 4 episodes on disc1 and 3 on disc2 but it is the opposite way on the actual discs.

9. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Ouch, Aryn, that's a pretty bad mistake. Will HBO be doing packagin replacements? [​IMG]

10. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

I just got mine today. Man, I'm very pleased we have this set, but I HATE this packaging. For one thing the box is almost an inch taller and doesn't fit vertically on my DVD shelves. I much PREFER the Sopranos style packaging. In fact, the insert which you remove fits nicely in a Sopranos box. Any chance they can give us new packaging? Anyone have an outer Sopranos box they're not using and culd part with? I could then put a cover over that.

BTW, Dean, mine says "Your whole life is leading up to this" not "It's what we all live up to" !?!?

11. Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak Screenwriter

12. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Back to the packaging issue [​IMG]

Does anyone have a good address where I could write HBO Video to complain? Besides the terrible format of the packaging, it seems the disc contents are mislabeled, per Aryn above.

13. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

Can someone post a picture? My set hasn't arrived.

14. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

Weird, my screener set has the episodes correctly labeled on the packaging. Maybe they found the error halfway through the print run?

15. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

I checked mine and the episodes are messed up. On the inside flap of the box it says Disc 1 has the first 4 episodes. Loaded Disc 1 and went to Episode index and it only has the first 3.