What's new

six feet under packaging messed up (1 Viewer)

Doug Fisher

Auditioning
Anyone elses?
Ive done some research and it sounds like when you take the lid off, the bottom part raises up allowing you to slip the package out..
the top of mine is all unglued/half ass glued. Ill be returning it, but just wondered how it is supposed to be. thanks!

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
As you noted, the cardboard case holding the discs is supposed to lift out an angle when you open (with some effort) the top lid. This packaging is destined to fail at some point and seems much too flimsy. I found that it's easier to remove the discs' case and less stressful on the packaging if you simply turn it upside down, with the top lid facing down, and open it downward from the bottom. This allows the weight of the discs' case to help open the package, rather than having the flimsy lid lift the heavier case.

Doug Fisher

Auditioning
I exchanged it for a new one today. Man, opening the lid I could hear something cracking or stressing. Got it out, and you are right, how many openings will this last, 5? I will leave the foldout booklet outside of this packaging. Its a good idea, but not well done.

Jodee

Screenwriter
I found that if I rather gingerly opened it the first time it worked.

You just have to be careful about "breaking it in". Be careful not to rip it.

Once you have it open the first time, it opens easier on subsequent tries.

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
I like the packaging. As long as your gentle with it, I don't see how it won't destroy itself. The first time you open it, it does take some work and you kinda have to be careful not to rip it. I perfer this over the Sopranos packaging. Gotta like the "It's what we all live up to" quote when you take out the case inside.

Dean

Kenneth Vestergaard

Stunt Coordinator
Well, it's the OAR of the show?

Even though the show in itself would have benefited from a widescreen format. But then again, which new show wouldn't?

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
If you haven't allready noticed there is a mistake on the case aswell when you fold out the disc tray it shows 4 episodes on disc1 and 3 on disc2 but it is the opposite way on the actual discs.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Ouch, Aryn, that's a pretty bad mistake. Will HBO be doing packagin replacements? :)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I just got mine today. Man, I'm very pleased we have this set, but I HATE this packaging. For one thing the box is almost an inch taller and doesn't fit vertically on my DVD shelves. I much PREFER the Sopranos style packaging. In fact, the insert which you remove fits nicely in a Sopranos box. Any chance they can give us new packaging? Anyone have an outer Sopranos box they're not using and culd part with? I could then put a cover over that.

BTW, Dean, mine says "Your whole life is leading up to this" not "It's what we all live up to" !?!?

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Well, it's the OAR of the show?
I've been debating this issue on the official HBO message board for sometime now. I have an American Cinematographer which focused on the making of season two of SFU. The issue listed the specs for the show as 4:3 preserved for 16:9. What seemed odd to me is that generally HBO shows don't switch aspect rations mid series (Both OZ and Sex and the City are still full screen). Also a making-of documentary I saw of SFU during season two, showed a playback monitor with reserved sides for 16:9. So I really can't say what’s going on. No one from HBO has responded to my emails.

There is however, the possibility that HBO choose. like CBS. to released the program in full screen. Much like the upcoming CSI DVD release. Who knows why, maybe the producers didn't like the way the program was photographed, or there were composition errors. It’s very weird given how good HBO has been with anamorphic TV show releases.

Curiously enough, I hear Season Three will be broadcast in HighDef wide???

CSI ON DVD IN WIDESCREEN

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Back to the packaging issue :rolleyes

Does anyone have a good address where I could write HBO Video to complain? Besides the terrible format of the packaging, it seems the disc contents are mislabeled, per Aryn above.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Weird, my screener set has the episodes correctly labeled on the packaging. Maybe they found the error halfway through the print run?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I checked mine and the episodes are messed up. On the inside flap of the box it says Disc 1 has the first 4 episodes. Loaded Disc 1 and went to Episode index and it only has the first 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks