What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Six Feet Under 4.12 - Untitled *SEASON FINALE* (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Aaron,
Your link goes to an article about Lil' Flip. Not sure if it was intentional, but if it was, pretty hilarious

Some thoughts about the last episode:

-Is it me, or did George starting getting really, really weird after he committed to "opening up" and "sharing" with Ruth after she returned from her Bad Mexican Trip. It seems like George is deep down a good guy, but his fatalistic issues and apparent schizophrenia may be why he has had so many wives. Or maybe every time he has opened up, his emotional vulnerability triggers his inner paranoia. It could be why he was so reluctant to open up to anyone, including some of his children (Kyle) and his other significant others. I found it somewhat telling that he had such a caring, loving, and sharing relationship with his daughter, as she works as a pharmaceutical rep. Either way, if they decide to tackle this issue, plenty of stuff for the next season.

-As for bitchy gay film producer, not sure what to make up of the revelation that he wants Keith to work for him. Seems like David has finally gotten some sort of closure from the carjacking incident, but his fear of abandonment might go into hyperdrive if Keith keeps seeing the guy that tried to bankrupt David.

-Claire is definately diving headfirst into a world of sh*t. I thought that her smoking a little weed was somewhat harmless, but mixing opening-night jitters with constant coke-trips to the bathroom is no way to go through life.

-I think that the Billy and Claire thing was a long time coming (no pun intended). I would like to see how this dynamic plays out, with everyone seemingly involved (Brenda, Nate, Claire, Billy, Margaret Chenowith, Russell, Olivier, etc)

Either way, great season finale, hopefully it is not the series finale

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
Sorry about that. I had copied that other CNN link earlier today to post on a music forum I visit. I have corrected my post here and it should now link to an article about the actors who play frederico and vanessa which also mentions the season 5 info.

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
When Lisa's brother-in-law killed himself, I saw it as tantamount to an admission of guilt. Even though the affair and the photograph are circumstantial, the evidence seems rather strong and I think that's the impression we were meant to get.

Did anyone see that coming? The list of suspects was long, but I never saw the brother-in-law mentioned. It seemed out of left field to me. After his revelation, however, I was not surprised when he pulled out the gun. Well done though.

Thanks for the link Aaron. It's great that SFU is returning, but no mention of Ball's involvement in season 5.

SarahG

Second Unit
I think it's a given that Hoyt killed her. But you're right...that bit from hbo.com does make you wonder if next season they reveal that there was more. That scene really surprised me a lot. I just love that show and I hope I don't have to wait a year and a half for it to return!

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
It was also unclear to me if the brother-in-law had actually confessed to killing Lisa. I wasn't sure if we were to take the suicide as his guilt for the affair and murder or just his guilt for having an affair with Lisa.

We will just have to wait until next season. Although I suspect that if there is anything else to the Lisa murder, it won't come up until around the middle of the next season, just as Nate is getting his life back together with Brenda. (Just my speculation.)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I definitely consider the suicide an admission of guilt, but they could explore it further in the future.

I forgot to mention before how much I liked Olivier's little rant to Claire. He's such a bastard, but he's also such an entertaining character.

PatD

Grip
Great episode. My wife brought this up as we were watching. What if Maya is the brother-in-law's child?

PatD

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Right, She could be the brother inlaws kid. I thought the same thing. Lisa was very weird when she hooked up with nate after many years. I thought then that the way she was back in his life seemed like she was trapping him. I also really think that some one else killed lisa.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I thought it was clear he killed Lisa. I also think it's clear Maya is Nate's. The timing with his trip to Seattle fits too well, and she looks a lot like him!

Anyhow, just a great episode. I'm paraphrasing Rico: "When someone gets into your heart, they stay there." It's the theme of the season and of the episode. Powerful stuff and it applies to every major character in a different way.

I too loved Olivier's little rant. Too funny. But, he KNOWS she is high. Hasn't he gone through the same problems?

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
I re-watched the episode last night and I have little doubt that Lisa's brother-in-law (What is his name?) killed her. At least this is the impression we were meant to get. The most incriminating line: "I couldn't let her tell Barb." It's vague, but considering the circumstances, it's as close to a confession as he could have gotten, without explicitly doing so.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I hope they just use this to wrap up the Lisa thing. I'm ready to be done with that arc. I hope maybe now they will lighten Nate up a bit.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
They saved the best episode for last, but I thought this was for sure the weakest season to date.

I will probably return next year, but the show does not have the luster it once had for me.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

I still haven't seen most of season 2, but I thought this season was at least as good as season 3 if not better. There were certain things that I didn't like (mainly the Claire/lezbo thing), but overall I thought it was really strong.

todd stone

Screenwriter
I will be sad when this show ends. Such a perfect cast, perfect music, perfect setting.

The only character I truly feel drags down the show is Claire. I could do with less of her.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks