What's new

Six Feet Under - 3/16/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Let's just say I'd be okay if this was still all just Nate's dream. It'd be 6FU's version of "It's a Wonderful Life".

So, why was the bench that Bettina and Ruth sat on so darn big?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
good episode.

i was glad to see claire kick that dude to the curb. maybe the teacher will be a positive influence in her life - i know she was diggin' it when he praised her drawing.

i hope ruth travels her new path cautiously. who thinks that bates' character will be receptive? i'm still not sure.

keith and david are status quo. it seems like they have a good time when they're either having sex or getting drunk, but that's about it. maybe that guy from david's choir will play a role in the future.

i still say lisa is a total trip.

i like rico's developing personality. it's clear that he may not have the head for the "other side" of business. you can tell he's jealous of nate's ability to connect with the clients. i wonder if that's going to affect his judgement or future business endeavors.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
So are "Six Feet Under" and "The Simpsons" the only shows on TV where the characters actually watch TV, like most people do?
In addition to the U.S. shows already mentioned, The Royle Family (UK) revolves round watching TV.

Archie was an inveterate TV viewer in All in the Family. As is Fraiser’s dad. And on and on.

Then you have the TV shows about TV shows such as The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Mary Tyler Moore Show and The Kumars (UK).

John_VI

Second Unit
I liked the ep a lot. I also thought about Nate having his own "room" or space, and now that his family has moved into the big house, he no longer has that space of his own. But pulling over in the car to jerk off on the side of the road???? WOW! Now THERE'S some unfulfilled needs coming to the surface.

I'd actually LIKE to see Ruth wind up spending a night in jail for shoplifting. It would certainly make her character more interesting.

Can't wait to see how Brenda will return. You gotta think that Lisa and Nate will be split up before the end of this season, but will he and Brenda get back together?

I wouldn't be surprised if one morning Lisa awoke to find that Nate had already dressed and left for the day, only to find later that no one knew where he was. It would be the central theme of the episode ("Where's Nate?") until the final scene. We'd see a beaten-up suitcase in the back seat of a convertible. The camera would pan to a close-up shot of Nate driving the convertible up I-15 to Vegas with the wind blowing in his hair. Nate has a blank, yet somehow peaceful expression on his face. He looks around at the scenery passing by, finally pausing when he looks to his right. A reserved smile creases his lips, then he looks back to the road. The camera does a slow pullback to reveal that he's not alone in the car - Brenda is in the passenger seat. Naked.

LOL!! Okay, forget the naked part.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

I thought that was just him parking the car down the street from the house (since he wasn't allowed to park in the driveway).

/Mike

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
nate was definitely giving himself a helping hand. but he didn't pull over specifically to do that...he had to park the car down the street (cuz of psycho boss) then decided to do the deed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks