What's new

Simple Apple TV set up (1 Viewer)

Erik Gotrich

Auditioning
Real Name
Erik Gotrich
My ultimate goal: control everything from apppe tv remote (tv power, volume control through external speakers).

I’m thinking a sound bar may be my only option... but I already have a compound system set up with 4.0 surround sound speakers set up (the Apple remote just doesn’t communicate properly with all the components... so i has to get a harmony universal remote ... which then doesn’t give me the ability to utilize Siri )

Is this possible ?

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
A lot of the soundbars and audio systems that have ARC can be controlled through the TV. This would allow you to use the Apple TV remote to control volume.

Are you looking for an easier one remote solution for the TV? You mention Siri, are you also trying to get voice control?

I quit using Siri because Apple is to controlling on what can be done. A better solution may be to go with a Harmony remote that has their hub and either Google Home or Amazon Echo to do voice control.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks