What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Simon & Garfunkel to Tour! (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Maybe this would be a good time for Sony to release their catalogue on SACD?

I mean, why the hell haven't any S&G been released on SACD yet? They had a great opportunity last year with the CD release of "Live from New York City, 1967" last year, but did nothing.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I saw them in the fall of 1969 at the pinnacle of their careers as a duo. I had front row center seats at the concert and heard Bridge Over Troubled Water for the first time at this concert. I don't want to ruin that memory.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Here's hoping they'll make at least some of the chemistry work again. Was it just me, or did Paul Simon have that "let's just make it through the next 4 minutes" look on-stage at the Grammies?

And if he wears that baseball cap on tour...

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
It may be Paul Simon's unfamiliarity with the format. Certainly the Dylan catalog might change that...same era.
He does have a DVD-A out though of "Your The One" so I would assume he is familiar with Hi-res audio. Maybe he is just a DVD-A man.;)

I would love to catch these guys live, but not for the outrageous prices that will probably go along with their tour. Maybe a new album will come of their collaboration, which would be at least one good thing.

J

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Nice! I've loved Paul Simon's solo stuff, but nothing compares with the S&G stuff, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks